Ryan Seacrest

I'm No Dummy

Fighting's Great for Ratings!

10/3/2012 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1003_ryan-seacrest_tmz
There's a reason Ryan Seacrest is so rich ... he KNOWS conflict makes shows successful -- claiming yesterday's Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey blowout is a good thing ... for "American Idol" ratings.

Seacrest just took to his radio show, addressing the TMZ video in which Nicki goes off on Mariah during an audition Tuesday. Ryan said, "We want that!"

"We want them to be on this panel together. This is a good team, a great team, to go out and look for the next American Idol."

Seacrest said, "[There's] nothing wrong with disagreeing ... That's gonna happen, and it's okay."

He added, "These are all very different individuals with different perspectives and different opinions that provide for interesting conversation and dialogue and feedback for the contestants."

And beaucoup bucks for "Idol" producers.

Mumra the Ever Living

Yes Ryan, you're definitely correct about that. Imagine the ratings you'll get when the insane woman with the orange hair on the left pulls out a .38 revolver and pumps 3 or 4 slugs into the portly woman on the right and the redneck in the middle catches one or two wayward rounds.
RATINGS GOLD

Jballs

Nicki is your typical loud, obnoxious, no mannered ghetto trash.

IceGypsy

Arguing is one thing, that was way over the top. Idol's audience is generally people looking for family entertainment, not the Jerry Springer show. If that keeps up, no one's going to watch.

nate

Sure he is right and can't tell you how sad that makes me. Personally, it only strengthens my resolve to not tune in for a second of this dumpster fire.

Melanie

No one wants to watch this loud mouthed bully every week. I am a long time viewer, but I doubt I will watch this year. I may give it a chance, but I'm not confident that is will go beyond that.

Pudding Tang

Yeah Ryan, you'll pull in the moronic gullible audience. All in the name of class with no compromise for true talent and integrity.

R

Where's the ring, Ryan? I don't see a ring yet.

Wow ...

AI will not be on in my home. What a shame. Drama maybe. Crazy, violent, bully, can't control yourself, possible criminal - no thank you. Bye AI.

SMASHED

I wish Ryan would disappear and take those trashy Kardashian chicks with them. Kim is so positively disgusting and her ass just makes me wanna hurl when I see it. Ryan is just obnoxious.

Ace

I predict Mariah walks if Nicki stays. This is not typical bickering.

MP

I hope one day the public will grow tired of these silly reality show stunts.

Dina Lohan

Dear Ryan, coming out of the closet is also great for ratings.
Love,
Dina
xoxoxo

KnuckleDragger

I don't watch the show. In fact, I don't watch ANY of these tryout shows. Not my type of entertainment. With that said: Seacrest is correct.

For the last 10 years the TV industry has been dumbing down to its audience. It seems that a huge portion of America/Canada will watch just about anything put in front of them. No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

Laura

It's not great for the contestants, who are no longer the focus of this show. It's disgusting what's happening at Idol--and I disagree about the ratings--you could not pay me to watch it anymore. And Ryan--if you think this is good news for the entertainment industry, then you need to retire.

Chris

Spin it any way you want to. It was a mistake to hire both of them and they knew it would come to a head, but not at this early into production.

For those who believe that Niki didn't threaten Mariah's life then you might want to think again. She considers herself a gangster and making a death threat is by no means out of character for her.

Just shut the show down now. This will get worse and worse until someone walks off and not before throwning a bottle at the other

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments