Anderson Cooper

Rips Star Jones

Gay Announcement Was No Ratings Ploy

10/4/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100412_cooper

Anderson Cooper just BLASTED Star Jones ... claiming the former "View" host was talking out of her lying, irrelevant ass when she claimed Anderson's gay announcement was a ratings ploy.

Cooper was shooting a segment of "Anderson Live" with Bravo bigshot Andy Cohen ... when Cohen asked A.C. if he felt any different after coming out publicly back in July.

That's when Anderson dropped the truth bomb:

"I will say and I actually haven't mentioned this, the only thing that did kind of annoy me and actually it annoyed my mom who brought it up to me, Star Jones of all people."

He continued, "I haven't thought about Star Jones in I don't know how long. I was unaware she was even on TV still ... but she apparently shows up on a morning show."

"Out of the blue Star Jones ... said this was a ratings ploy by me to boost ratings."

On the show, which airs today, Cooper says Jones couldn't have been more wrong -- 'cause he was on assignment in Africa when he decided to quietly make the announcement in an email to a journalist friend, who posted the letter online.

"If I was wanting to boost ratings, I would have waited to announce it on 'A Very Special Episode' that would have been promo'd for weeks and weeks and there would have been commercials ... 'Anderson's Huge Announcement.'"

"As memory serves, in terms of boosting ratings, I seem to recall [Star] hocking her wedding every single day to get free products when she was on 'The View' and I seem to recall her lying about her gastric bypass surgery and making everybody else lie about it as well. So for her to suddenly emerge out of the shadows and suddenly attack me for this, I couldn't believe it."

Cooper says he invited Star to his show to discuss her comments, but she turned him down.

"I would think she would want as much publicity as possible given her penchant for wanting publicity."

Snap.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

bad boy

He didn't rip her. Embellish much? I saw the show and he hardly ripped her. I'm sure she has an open invitation to his show. Actually, I find he was kind considering her comments and that fact she does not know Cooper.

Duany Duany

There is nothing funnier than a bunch of right wing bigots coming to Star Jones' defense by claiming AC 'outed himself' for the ratings.

You pathetic bigots wouldn't give Star Jones the time of day were AC hetero.

You right wingers really can't decide who you hate more: an outspoken, liberal black woman or an outspoken centrist gay man.

Put your pathetic hate and indignity over this news away, you bigots! Your hypocrisy is showing like a bad panty line.

Stephen

I think Star ( pig) jones is homophobic and a Hugh racist for making fun of Clint Eastwood who cares what her opinions are she is dirt on the sole of my shoes

Joybubble55

Coop didn't have to come out of the closet..... Believe was very evident.... Coop and Star ...... Who cares

38manny

Star is sad and looking for "FREE" attention. I'm sure her comments didn't have anything to do with Anderson. Her goal, like her wedding to a gay man, was to get something for nothing, free publicity.

Brad Moyse

Anderson is so sweet.I just that he calls it as is.Oh and his Mum..Who is Star Jones.Perfect.All the best for him.I just hope he knows how many people like him for his honesty!

bornunderprotest

i'm a strt liberal dude,but black folk have got some serious issues with homosexuality. it just goes on and on. and, "she's a lawyer", harv'. so what the hell do we expect?!

Dyme

OH NO SHE DIDN'T **neck roll**

Renie66

Star's opinions about Anderson's "Big Reveal" rank right up there with Screech's "concern" over his former co-star's possible mental illness...It's just a matter of time before they both join Tonya Harding doing commentary on "World's Dumbest"!!

t nwachuku

RACISTS GAY ...WELL WELL WELL......I NEVER LIKED AC NOW I KNOW WHY......OLD ***.

katrina