Chris Brown

DUMPS Karrueche

Rihanna's The Reason

10/4/2012 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1004_chris_karueche_rihanna
Chris Brown says he has officially BROKEN UP with his girlfriend Karrueche Tran ...  explaining, "I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

Brown just made the announcement ... saying, "I have decided to be single to focus on my career. I love Karrueche very much but I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

He adds, "I'd rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives."

The announcement comes after Brown and Rihanna were spotted together at the Jay Z concert in Brooklyn last night. The two had been hanging around each other A LOT lately ... and did some hardcore flirting at the MTV VMAs.

Karrueche had posted a cryptic tweet last night reading, "Bye baby."

Now it makes sense.

Just Saying

Yes another woman who goes out with a troubled guy and believes that she can change him. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Malikmia

FINALLY!!! They are together again, whats yours is yours...You ppl are the devil, you have to forgive to be at peace with yourselves!!! Come on, they dont need to explain sh*t to anyone!!!

dani

There goes her meal ticket. I don't understand why Rihanna would want CB. He's never going to commit to her. He's not looking for a relationship.

milf

hes a piece of ****! Loser!

jb

3 POS

Diva

I am sick and tired of people trying to make Rhianna out to be the spokesperson for domestic violence. Everyobody's situation is different and there is a possibility that wow maybe this was an isolated incident. Chris was 19 yrs old when the event happened and his mother was abused, he was a bed-wetter as a child all things that probably went into him exploding that day. He has not hit a woman since and he dated this chick Karukachu for 2 yrs and the paparozzo's were watching like a hawk to see if he would. He has to live under a microscope and I'd like to see some of you all's perfect lives since you get off by judging him and their friendship/relationship. She knows him alot better than any of us on this site and she knows the intimate details of his life and that incident so whatever she chooses to do is her business. But some of yall bitter babies are using your own issues against him like he's the worst monster in the world. I see yall taking up for child molesters and mass murders and going harder at a young boy for one mistake.

rinelli

THEY ALL MAKE MEE SICK...... KINDA FEEL BAD 4 TRAN BT **** IT, CHRIS IS NT GNNA GET BK WIT RHIANNA ITS ALLED BOOTY CALLIN SMH ND TRAN NEEDS 2 MOVE ON IM SO SICK OF HEARIN BOUT DIZ IDIOTS!!

Eric

yeah i don't feel sorry for rihanna at all. he nearly kill her last time. i unlike chris clown. i never ever hit woman. i respect women. treat them with honor and respect. chris clown is loser. just like joan rivers said on fashion police a few months ago. he hit u once. he will hit u again.

denise

chris and rih love each other.I am happy for them. True love won!!!

nells

Chris Brown and Rihanna obviously loves each other. Just let them be.....They are young and in love,. Move on from the past cause clearly they have

Fifty Shades of WTF

Karrueche dodged a bullet. Too bad Rihanna thinks so little of herself.

anonymous

I just think Rihanna and he are bad together. I worry for her safety. She's an adult. I just hope she doesn't have a repeat of last time. I guess we will see.

The Queen of Bling

What a freaking loser.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Hopefully, Rhianna puts that firearm training with the AR-15 in Las Vegas to good use in the next round.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Websites were reporting she broke up with him yesterday, while TMZ was on the late train with the make out story.