Chris Brown

DUMPS Karrueche

Rihanna's The Reason

10/4/2012 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1004_chris_karueche_rihanna
Chris Brown says he has officially BROKEN UP with his girlfriend Karrueche Tran ...  explaining, "I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

Brown just made the announcement ... saying, "I have decided to be single to focus on my career. I love Karrueche very much but I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

He adds, "I'd rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives."

The announcement comes after Brown and Rihanna were spotted together at the Jay Z concert in Brooklyn last night. The two had been hanging around each other A LOT lately ... and did some hardcore flirting at the MTV VMAs.

Karrueche had posted a cryptic tweet last night reading, "Bye baby."

Now it makes sense.

DJ

It's Bobby & Whitney all over again.....

Jay

DONT GO RUNNING TO THE COPS THIS TIME, JUST SIT AND TAKE IT... Fist after fist after fist.... Enjoy!

Hatefree

Karrache is depressed and crying. She was never humble, she thought she had Chris. Rember that video that she made with some friends, mocking Rihanna, speaking in a funny accent,with Rih music playing in the background, laughing and saying "your boyfriend no love you" do you also remember her on twitter and web saying Rih is Jennifer Aniston and that she is Angelina Jolie.

That girl was never humble, that is why a lot of people do not like her. She is 24 years old young, she can find a man,but do not expect a young 23 years ole Chris to be with her for ever. Chris and Rih made never be together for ever, they just had an unfinished business that needs a closure. Leave these kids to live their lives.

systasoulja

Poor ex girlfriend...She should have seen it coming after Rhianna got on Oprah and said she loves him...Dirty trick! I feel sorry for the girlfriend...He's going to run back and forth between the both of them...WATCH!

mark

that guy is one of the greatest idiots in the history of stupid fools. and while i certainly don't have much respect for karrueche tran's intelligence, she's an absolutely beautiful looking asian woman. she looks ten times better than rihanna and her deformed 5 head. and while i'm suggesting that karrueche isn't too bright, i'm certain that she's intellectually brilliant compared to rihanna who i am nearly 100% certain, is at least slightly retarded. well done chris "beat em' down" brown. his new album should be titled, "king of dimwits". f-ing a hole!

Telling it

GLAD he got rid of that rat face noodle cooking fame whore! Now she plays the victim when **** n coochie new for the whole year she dated Chris that she saw Rihanna and other women too and she didnt give a ****! Now she plays victim? BITCH SIT DOWN Vietnam scab whore! SO GLAD Chris got rid of your ratchett ass! She was a golddigger who also had threesomes with him now she acts all surprsed and "betrayed" that he finally got rid of her golddigging hooker tranny ass!

Cici F.

She's turned into an Illuminati Jezabel!
And he's still a douche!

IceeAGem

SHE KNEW WHAT IT WAZ!!!

ERP

I don't care what these two stupid people do. When he cheats on Rihanna again (and he will) and she gets slapped again (and she will) the public will not feel sorry for her. They are sorry excuses for role models.

MEME

Chris Brown and Rihanna never stopped seeing eachother. They've been on the low for years. This is not news.

Lynn

I have really come to dislike both of them. They both have come of as. partying, self absorbed people. I wish them luck and hope they grow up soon.

raadbassam

Drama:)

#TEAMBREEZY

What I don't understand is, why are people calling Rihanna stupid? She's not back with him and in my opinion, I highly doubt they're ever getting together. But hey, just my opinion!

Lindy

Rihanna can't wait until Chris breaks her nose...

Guest

Rihanna is so dumb. Period. Nothing more to say about this situation.