Jim Lehrer

I Felt Kinda Disrespected

10/4/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100412_jim_lehrer_launch_v2
Jim Lehrer made it clear to TMZ ... he's well aware he was treated like a doormat by President Obama and Mitt Romney during Wednesday's Presidential debate.

Our camera guy asked Lehrer at Reagan National Airport, "Do you feel you were disrespected by President Obama and Governor Romney?"

Lehrer responded, "I didn't expect much. I didn't have a lot of expectations." Translation -- doormat.

And, of course, we also asked him about the demise of Big Bird.

BTW, Lehrer issued a statement saying part of his mission was to stay out of the way of the flow.  Mission accomplished.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

VICKI

MORE LIKE INEPT. HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WA DOING THERE. BO KEPT LOOKING AT HIM WITH A PUZZLED EXPRESSIION ON HIS FACE, RATHER THAN EVEN FAACING MITT. LAME.
AT THE END MICHELLE WALKS ON STAGE WITH A VERY ANGRY/BITTER EXPRESION ON HER FACE.
CLASSY ANN ROMNEY STAYED OUT OF THE PICTURE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT THE TWO DEBATERS, NOT HER.

Kervin Bly

kat

TMZ is Democrat so doesn't matter what you say...... I don't think tabloids should get into politics.

Jen

Obama was perfectly respectful. Romney, on the other hand, was abhorrent. He bullied this 78-year-old man like he owned him. I imagine America just got a sneak peek of what it's like when Romney enters the servant quarters.

manbearpig

after the debate the liberal rage started pouring out. some wanted to blame jim leher gore blamed the altitude ( i forgot romney was wearing an oxygen mask and gained an extra benefit) and others took stabs at whatever else they could make up.
fact is, the press never challenge the anointed one since they are always too much in awe or in swoon mode. obuma has never really been challenged. he probably thought romney would want an autograph before the debate.
what we saw was obuma actually get challenged and he was defeated. he is a myth.

Linda Petrou

Frankly I was glad that Lehrer asked the questions and then let the two of them go at it. I think this was one of the best debates ever and would like to see more like this. I feel that we got a good sense of what these two men are like and where they will take the country

Harleyxx

There was more at stake than some liberal moderators control of the debate. Romney masterfully handled the both Obama & Lehrer.

Harleyxx

ciara

Jim you need to be quiet because you are obvious in Romney camp.

lalet

Obama got 4 extra minutes then Romney. I didn't like how he interrupted Romney so much but let obama go on and on. That wasn't fair. However...it did allow them to have more of a discussion at times which was good in my opinion.

Butterfly

DID I WATCH THE SAME DEBATE AS EVERYONE ELSE??? All I saw was a moderator who lost control from the beginning. I DO NOT vote for any party but only for a candidate whom I feel is qualified for the job. Mr. Romney interrupted the debate, several times, by boldly pushing his speech, so fast and so furiously, he gave me the impression that he was on a tightrope terrified of falling, thus, having Pres. Obama and Mr Lehrer appear pathetic by contrast. Unless future debates are more civil and more dignified, rather than two bullies in a sandbox, I doubt I would waste my effort and, my vote, for either one especially, Mr. Romney being overly aggressive that his words are far more important than any other. Unfortunately, an overly inflated wallet does not spell, "class."

Joybubble55

Most eve.... What about Obummer looking down and not even looking at Mr. Romney.... Obummer has no class....

Shady's slave

The debate was bogus on so many levels. I think it is important we all remember Romneys Anti 47% Americans speech. If you are a student, a soldier, a retiree , a working poor or are unable to work due to disease then this means you. The above mentioned have no expectation to food, healthcare or housing. The above mentioned were accused of insisting on playing "victims" These comments were outrageous and absurd.Not worthy of a presidential candidate.

scott

how did obama disrespect HIM?? romney wouldn't shut the EFF, he trampled over lehrer for minutes at a time, lehrer kept cutting obama off and letting romney walk all over both of THEM like a tantrum-throwing 4 year old girl that lost her mommy in wal mart. don't tell me obama disrespected anyone during that debate. please. i know drama makes for better headlines but obama had nothing to do with any of it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6