« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Linda Hogan

Busted

for DUI

10/5/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1005_linda_hogan_mugshot_ipad
Linda Hogan was arrested yesterday in Malibu on suspicion of DUI ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Linda -- real name Linda Bollea -- was arrested at 1:34 AM Thursday morning and taken to a nearby police station where she was booked and put behind bars. According to the citation, her blood alcohol level is listed as .084, barely above the legal limit in California (.08).

The 53-year-old was released several hours later on $5,000 bail.

An inmate information operator at the jail tells us, she was also booked for driving on a suspended license.

A rep for Linda tells TMZ, Linda sincerely regrets the arrest. The rep claims Linda was on her way home from a jewelry function in L.A. where she drank a glass of champagne on an empty stomach -- in combination with antibiotics that exacerbated the effects of the alcohol. The rep insists Linda was NOT booked for driving on a suspended license.

The rep says Linda was initially pulled over for speeding. It's unclear if Linda was the only person in the car at the time of her arrest.

It's been a rough week for the Hogan family. Linda's ex-husband Hulk Hogan is currently in the middle of a sex tape scandal after footage was released on the Internet yesterday.

0525_celebrity_dui_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jeff

Antibiotics don't exacerbate the effects of alcohol and they certainly don't increase the blood alcohol level

Jsmiley

The daughter should have done the sex tape didnt they learn from the Kardashians?

Sherri McFadden

Ok, don't even get me started on this old skank!!!!!!

jeff

I'd believe the 3 bags of chips and half gallon of ice cream exacerbated the effects of alcohol but not the antibiotics.

Michael

You're so classy (sarcasm)!

Dicky Dew

One glass my ass. You know this ancient pig downed the whole bottle.

Rhubino

Rep says champagne bla bla empty stomach bla bla antibiotics bla bla. WTF about the suspended license?? What's the excuse there? Where I come from, driving on a suspended license means your insurance isn't valid, which means if you get in an accident with someone else, they're screwed. It's a selfish, selfish thing to do. And I keep hearing about it. It's damn near as bad as driving drunk, totally irresponsible, but if they keep getting away with it and having it treated like a little thing by the law then they'll never learn.

Gretel

The old "glass of champagne on an empty stomach" story. I'm thinking it was more like a magnum. Or maybe it was just cheap old rotgut wine because that's about all the boys she goes out with can afford.

tink981

I think it's about time for someone to grow up. She is not in her 20's anymore.

jimmy d

i usually attack the balloon knot happily with my mouth,this lades barking spider id be afraid i would get hit with a plum

kimkardashianstalkingass

DUI in this case stands for: 'Driver's Ugly and Ignorant'. I would need to drink 500 beers before I'd even let her take her clothes off in front of me. And look at her hair, I think she downed a bottle of bleach too.

Yup

No surprise there; she's been in freefall for many years...

Sonja

You know for someone to experience/witness the true horror of what drunk driving can do, how badly it can truly f*** up your life, your family and the lives and family of others, it's beyond disgusting that this cow would actually drink and drive. I guess like her son she won't learn a damn thing until it's your face smeared on a tree.

I Was About To Say

She was hoping that if she drank enough, she'd see a better reflection in the mirror.

DetroitRocks

Was she booked as a male or female?