Cissy Houston

Massive Inheritance

Could Kill Bobbi Kristina

10/7/2012 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1005-cissy-houston-bobbi-kristina
Whitney Houston
's mother Cissy is deathly afraid Bobbi Kristina will die just like the singer -- in a haze of drugs and other bad influences -- which is why she wants to withhold Bobbi's multi-million-dollar inheritance, sources tell TMZ.

Sources close to Cissy tell us, Cissy feels Bobbi is currently surrounded by numerous negative influences -- including her boyfriend Nick Gordon and father Bobby Brown -- who will drain Bobbi's fortune given half the chance.

We're told Cissy also feels 19-year-old Bobbi is still extremely impressionable right now -- and if left unchecked with millions of dollars, Bobbi could end up going off the rails ... eventually dying just like Whitney.

According to sources, Cissy wants to wait until Bobbi has matured significantly more before she gets her money ... an estate estimated at $20 million ... though it's unclear how long she wants her to wait.

As for allegations Cissy is trying to withhold Bobbi's fortune to hoard the money for herself -- Cissy is telling friends that's total BS ... that it's about protecting her family.

As we reported, Cissy and Whitney's sister-in-law Pat Houston filed a request this week to modify Whitney's will -- in order to change the distribution schedule of the estate.

kola

sonja first of all cissy has her own money and some one do need to step in and take control of her money because nick will spend it all, he had no job just smooching off of christina money, she fail with nippy and now she is trying like hell to save her granddaughter.there is a lot of arguing over there in christina house i stay near them so we all hear things and it's not good. bobby will not get her money she cut the brown's off, i'm happy for that because that junkie sister of bobby tried her best to et that money and the half sisters and brothers, she didn't give them a dime. she needs to go to college and get a career or something. clive davis even told her he will work with her if she wants to do music. she wants her gap she could have gotten it fixed long time ago, but it is from her father.

Sarah

I lost my respect for Cissy Houston when she started planning on writing a book about Whitney and having a 'reality' show to apparently show her how shes coping with life without Whitney. Its disgusting that she is cashing in on her daughters tragic death and maybe if she and the rest of the leech family really cared about Whitney the person instead of just looking at her as a meal ticket she would still be alive today. Also that fat Pat is nothing but a parasite and was just another hanger on in Whitney's life. The last time Whitney was pictured alive this Pat was seen with her in a nightclub partying with her. If I knew someone I cared about had drug and alcohol problems the last place I would be taking them to is a nightclub where drugs and alcohol are around. None of them were any good in Whitney's life and they wont be in her daughters either. I agree that kind of money is a lot for someone her age and I dont think shes mature enough to have it now BUT that greedy family should not be the ones to be looking after it.

Melody

I love me some Whitney Houston forever! think Bobbi Kristina is being used by her beau and Pat Houston is
a deceitful one to watch! She looks very evil and greedy. Cissy did a damn good job with Whitney! I am
a mother of a 17 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son. rust me, I am strict on my kids, but one day they will go to college and leave me to start their life. You can not blame a damn good mother or parent if their child goes astray, as adults! My solution..Pray! watch out for the wolves like PAT HOUSTON AND WHITNEY'S BROTHER! AFTER MONEY!

Raejean

If the Judge is satisfied that Bobbi will benefit from some brakes on the distribution and knows that Cissy won't see some increase from it personally, I'm sure it's a good idea.

Bobby Brown took Whitney down the drug path to begin with, and this "boyfriend" is pretty transparently hanging on to get what he can get.
Maybe it would be best to wait until she turns 25 before she inherits the bulk of the estate.

STFUP

Like I said before, Bobbi has no existing 'pattern' of arrests, drug-abuse, etc. etc. like so many other so-called stars & has-beens out there today.
If she chooses to fight this, she will win in court. She is of age, and the judge has no reason to dis-allow the inheritence just as specified in the will.

jimi

i thought i was reading a " jacksons " story

jayman419

Cissy doesn't want her to wait long. I mean, Michael Vick managed to spend $29 million in one year... so Cissy should only need a couple of months to blow through her grand daughter's money (against her daughter's wishes).

Meanie

Has she fixed her teeth yet?

Morie

I guess the Grandma Crissy want to do a good job like she did watching for her daughter Whitney best interest. Please go somewhere with that. GREED!!!!!!!!

Different Rules Apply

If she couldn't stop Whitney from going off the rails, what makes her think she can control what Bobbi chooses to do or not do. Money can certainly may make it easier to pay for drugs, but rich or not rich, if you want to do drugs, you are going to. Give the kid her money. That's what her mother wanted ~ it was Whitney's "WILL" that she have it.

rsmik

Give it to me, no worries then

Sapphiegirl

if ANYONE would know what it takes to raise a drug addict who OD'ed and died, it is Cissy Houston. DID YOU EVER STOP TO THINK THAT YOUR CONTROLLING WAYS ARE THE PROBLEM CISSY? FEELING OUT OF CONTROL IS WHAT GOT WHITNEY ADDICTED TO DRUGS....THE ONE THING SHE COULD CONTROL IN HER LIFE!

Tracey

Makes sense to me. The difference in me between the age of 19 and 25 was huge. The "teen brain" doesn't stop maturing/developing until he age of 25. Just cause the government deems you an adult at 18, it doesn't make it true.

CK

Is anyone else shocked Whitney was only worth $20 Mil?

gmoney1016

I commend Cissy for doing what shes done. She has spent her life trying to keep her family grounded. Shes sees a potential problem and is trying to avoid it. She nor Pat have nothing to gain as the estate belongs solely to Bobbi Kris. They probably want time to pass so that she works that Nick Gordon out of her system. We all saw what a bad man can due with her mother and father,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments