« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Larry Johnson

I DID NOT

Strangle That Woman

10/6/2012 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1006-larry-johnson-mug
Former NFL star Larry Johnson tells TMZ he did NOT strangle the woman he was arrested for allegedly beating up yesterday ... and he says there is evidence to prove it.

As TMZ first reported, the former Kansas City Chief was busted in Las Vegas early Friday morning after an argument with a woman allegedly turned violent. The woman claims Johnson strangled her until she nearly blacked out.

But Johnson claims the story is BS. He tells TMZ the woman -- who he says was just an old acquaintance -- would not leave his hotel room after a night of partying at Bank Nightclub. Johnson says the woman began to kick and slap him as he tried to remove her.

Johnson says once he got her outside the room, she began to try and kick the door down -- which Johnson feels should have been caught on surveillance cameras, proving she was never near unconsciousness.

The former running back also tells TMZ he tried to tell cops his side of the story, but they wanted no part of it ... saying he felt his prior arrests influenced their behavior.

He tells TMZ, "I know people will try to pass judgement on me from my previous record but I didn't do what I am being charged with."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Laura

I immediately thought of Bill Clinton when I read this headline!

Jay W.

I believe you.

OH NO!

Thanks for clearing that up. For a minute there, I thought another NFL player got into trouble with the law. I'm glad it was a made up story and nothing really happened. Case closed. More Nikki and Lindsay stories please.

KnuckleDragger

Old acquaintances can be like that, Larry. You know, you chat 'em up in the bar, ask 'em to your room, f*ck their brains out...then ask 'em to leave.

As to the priors? Yeah, we're gonna go with that. Shows pattern. Face it, dude, you just have this knack of pissin' women off to the point they wanna rip your lips off.

ria

He's the same guy that used to live with Jay-z. Two grown men with money living with each other. He's a homo, beating up on women.

Phishie from Philly

I did not strangle her, I joked her.
Phishie from Philly

Jimmy Stink Finger

"I DID NOT strangle the woman I was arrested for allegedly beating up...I was checking her pulse'...

Don Martin

Yup Larry you are right! Crazy bimbo beat the crap out of her self and choked herself until she was bruised just to set you up. You poor victim.

SMASHED

Maybe you should have. #IHATEGOLDDIGGERS

chrisfromPA

TMZ is slipping not to have someone outside the jail when Mr. Innocent was released. He was there for 18 hours, y'all.

Pimpcessa

You know what would be a real newsworthy story???? For someone to ADMIT to their screw ups! THAT would be something interesting!!!

verlinda

Next time Larry...pay her after sex

tony gee

I knew this was too good to be true. I know he didn't do it. A little bird did it with the help of Big Bird, perhaps!

Majestik

Where's the video?

namers

Roll that beautiful bean footage.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments