Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman

SEPARATING

10/8/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1008_danny_devito_rhea_pearlman_article_tmz
Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating after 30 years of marriage.

The two married back in 1982 and have 3 children together.

DeVito (5'0") and Perlman (5'1") met in 1970 when Rhea went to see an off-Broadway play, The Shrinking Bride ... which featured Danny.

The two began dating soon after and lived together for 11 years before tying the knot.

A rep for the couple confirmed the split -- but has no further comment at this time.

1008_danny_devito_rhea_perlamn_footer

daisy

I've seen Danny DeVito out at restaurants twice over the last few years, once with his wife and family and the other with a group of people - both times i was struck at how much he drank and how he became a bit louder and sillier - and one time he literally lay over on the banquette at the end of the night. I remember than b/c right before there had been some George Clooney interview where he said he and DD had been up drinking limoncello and GC kept tossing his in the potted plant next to him bc he couldn't keep up. For someone of his stature (both physically and professionally) it doesn't seem like healthy behaviour. As sad as a split it, maybe it'll be a wake up call to get his act together? They both seem like awfully nice people.

Gretel

They've been together for so long. What can go so wrong with someone who has been part of your life for 41 years? That's really sad.

Ray

I am surprised it lasted this long. Back in the late '90's I was a flight attendant and on a flight, Mr. DeVito was flirting with a co-worker heavily. He even gave her his number and wanted to get together with her while we were in town on a layover. I don't blame him, my co-worker was a former beauty pageant queen...

Karen

Nooooooooo :( We arent privy to to why's and why not's but this is one couple I honestly thought had the "right stuff" So sad.

Honeys Booboo

Danny never realized that Rhea is a woman.
She has *needs*...

LiLo's boy toy

They really should work it out. Nobody else will want them.

I Was About To Say

How the hell she slept with THAT is a miracle.

Anarchy

good... they are starting to look alike!

Michelle Neal

OMG!!! If they can't make it "till death do us part" how can any of us have hope?

Big Boy Pants

I really thought those two crazy kids were gonna make it ...

Joan K

I never thought these two would split, they were made for each other but I guess not.

jpm4444

I met them once in a store and they were so down to earth and nice. They didn't leave until everyone that wanted an autograph had one and even took photos with some. Very sad.

IceGypsy

That's really sad. You would think after 41yrs together they would have learned to work out anything that came along. Hopefully after some time apart they can work it out.

anony

Supposedly she has serious mental issues.

Throwback kid

If these two crazy kids can't make it last more than 30 years, what hope is there for the rest of us?