Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman

SEPARATING

10/8/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1008_danny_devito_rhea_pearlman_article_tmz
Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating after 30 years of marriage.

The two married back in 1982 and have 3 children together.

DeVito (5'0") and Perlman (5'1") met in 1970 when Rhea went to see an off-Broadway play, The Shrinking Bride ... which featured Danny.

The two began dating soon after and lived together for 11 years before tying the knot.

A rep for the couple confirmed the split -- but has no further comment at this time.

1008_danny_devito_rhea_perlamn_footer

Jorge

The end of the fricken world must be around the corner. I can't believe how sad this makes me and I don't even know them! They symbolized true love, for me at least. If these two can't make it there's no hope for anyone.

Walter

Two of the physically ugliest people in Hollywood. Who, but each other, would want them?

ManiacalZebra

I'm so sorry to hear this. Those two have been together almost my entire life.

BobonmyCob

Wheres the sex tape?

MrR

Thats a very short story.

R

This is all George Clooney's fault. And Limoncello's.

ray

Damn shame 40 years. just guessing of course, rhea is getting older, perhaps libido has declined to the point that she has no interest, and danny would rather get laid than live up to his commitment.

slick

I didn't realize Danny was married to Ronnie James Dio

I Was About To Say

For all of you who say "why bother divorcing now?"....Maybe she would like to live out the rest of her life in peace! That's right, men NAG too. Why should she suffer any longer! Good for you Rhea. And even tho they are not good looking people, what do you think you will look like at their age?!! I am not a fan of either of them but come on peeps, get real. MEN.....NAG! They always think the woman does but they do the same. Enjoy your freedom Rhea no matter how long you have. Dump the rat.

curtishouston

No "big" deal

BB not bb

Can't they just stay together and ignore each other? They probably live in a big mansion and don't even have to speak to each other. Do they really want to separate and play the field at their age? This seems very foolish. They don't have to be in love, but they could live out their final years with dignity. What in the world could they be fighting over at their age?

Honeys Booboo

She developed a nasty allergy to his famous Frumunda Cheese. And that taint nice.

Sally

Just another day in Hollywood - another marriage bites the dust.

TiffC

They should stay together if only because no one else would f*ck either one of them.

YouDontSay

This one shocked me. I thought they were a great couple like Tom Hanks and his wife. Darn.