Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman

SEPARATING

10/8/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1008_danny_devito_rhea_pearlman_article_tmz
Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating after 30 years of marriage.

The two married back in 1982 and have 3 children together.

DeVito (5'0") and Perlman (5'1") met in 1970 when Rhea went to see an off-Broadway play, The Shrinking Bride ... which featured Danny.

The two began dating soon after and lived together for 11 years before tying the knot.

A rep for the couple confirmed the split -- but has no further comment at this time.

1008_danny_devito_rhea_perlamn_footer

YouDontSay

This one shocked me. I thought they were a great couple like Tom Hanks and his wife. Darn.

QE2

So sad. Then againn what on earth could be so bad after 41 year together that they couldn't work it out?

Arnie

I've heard they're splitting because he won't take her strap-on up the keyster anymore.

Soamazing

Danny has been out partying at Raves and making the internet headlines in the past year or so. Could there be cheating?? Could there be a Love Child?? Could there be a new younger girl in the picture?

buzz kill

I supose she put up with that troll long enough.

curtishouston

No "BIG" deal!

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

Thats a shame. Together they were ten feet tall!

C-rad

Two hotties back on the market, so look out!

WholeLife

I heard the little mop-head has been bongo-banging Sam Mallone since before she left Cheers, so nuttin about dis suprised me! And word on da street is DeVito gets more tin pan alley than a roach gets dust neath the floorboards in jed clampetts cabin

swampfox

sorry to hear this....love them both....hope their both happy....

Twilightstar

This is very sad to hear. They are both great talents. I wish them both well.

NoDifferent

They reproduced?!

Imp C

I like how TMZ feels the need to show their height instead of age, or anything. But hey, let's find what's funny about this 30 year marriage ending, height! HAHAHA so funny -_-

Asher

Yes, it's a failure. I don't care how long you've been with your spouse, 5, 20, 40...doesn't matter. You committed to a life long contract and you are in fact breaking it Harvey...no ifs, ands, or buts. They knew what you were getting into and they should have read the fine print.
Marriage is a serious thing, so why is it that no one wants to be held accountable for it anymore?! I may only be in my twenties, but I know I'm not committing til I have my ducks in a row and I'm good to go.

pattycake

he has been screwing around on her for years..