TV Anchor Jennifer Livingston

I Don't Hate the Guy

Who Called Me Fat

10/8/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100812_jennifer_livingston_launchJennifer Livingston says she has no hard feelings toward the "bully" who wrote in to her TV station and called her obese ... telling TMZ, "I hope people kinda leave him behind and leave him alone."

Livingston -- a news anchor at CBS WKBT in Wisconsin -- arrived to L.A. this weekend to appear on the "Ellen" show ... where she'll explain why she fired back at a viewer who said she was a bad role model because she doesn't promote a healthy lifestyle.

Jennifer went on the air and blasted the guy ... admitting she is overweight but saying, "You don't know me. You are not a friend of mine. You are not a part of my family ... I am much more than a number on the scale."

But at LAX, Livingston told us she hopes her situation makes more people aware about the negative impact of bullying -- saying, "I just think it's a discussion that needs to happen across the country ... and I think it's one that hopefully I'm bringing to the forefront."

Erik

It's true, she is obese, and is part of the problem America is facing today. The last thing the fat kids of today need are fat role models to look up to.

Michael

She was not bullied. The guy posed no psychological or physical threat. He simply stated something that she did not want to hear. He was not PC, but overuse of the word bullying, desensitizes us all to the real abuse some go through. In my opinion she needs to be educated about real bullying too.

j

Even Michelle Obama would call her fat...behind her back...and tell her to eat only vegetables. Yikes!.

The guy who wrote her is not a bully, I bet he would tell her in person if he met her at a function and he said it really nice and professionally. I bet her bosses feel the same way but cannot tell her because she would sue them. I bet they are embarrassed for her boing on their staff and airways NOW more than ever.

She is being really un-professional and is not being bullied. She is a bod role model on TV.

How is it that Michelle Obama can tell all American kids they are fat or on their way to being fat, but this already fat lady thinks a offer or suggestion of the TRUTH is a guy guy being a bully?

Seriously, any time someone hears something they do not like,these days, it is BULLLY.

You guys are ruining meanings of words.

The one who is being bullied is the guy who write the letter. This news lady should have took it as what it is:

Constructive criticism!

Take the clue and do something with the fact that you are on TV and you are really overweight.

I do not feel sorry for this full grown woman who is now going to be a stupid spokesperson for some weight loss gimmick...you watch..this is so lame.

Lee

If you are overweight and someone calls you fat, what is the problem? If you don't want to be called fat, lose the weight instead of trying to play the po', po', pitiful me card.
I'm sick of this politically correct BS!!!! Nobody was bullied here that I can see. Just an overweight woman who doesn't want to face the truth about herself.
She probably tells people that it is "glandular" rather than admit that she eats too much and doesn't get enough exercise.

some guy

She is much more than a number on a scale. She's also a lot of fat.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Who thinks news readers are role models? She should have ignored him.

anne

fat is never fit. she exercises once a week and eats whatever she wants and wants to be big and beautiful. fit is not fat. fat is not fit. if you don't want public opinion don't get a public job.

lalaluvu

When I look at her, I see a woman. I am not thinking about her weight. Calling someone fat should be reserved for totally obese people that can't breathe or move easily. And even in that case, mind your own business. Name calling DOES make you a bully.

Jannie

Either way: HER BODY, HER BUSINESS. He is an idiot for giving advise where none was asked. Being skinny is not necessarily a synonym of health, as being chubby doesn't mean the person is sick. I think she is beautiful and looks fine, though on tv she would look better with a couple of pounds less. As long as she is healthy, not morbidly overweight and does her job in a professional manner, WHO THE HELL CARES?

Nonnahs

The man recently apologized for what he said. I believe Jennifer Livingston bullied him into giving an apology.

My sister has no thyroid, it was irradiated because of Graves disease. She is of normal weight because she exercises and watches what she eats.

How is her morbid obesity any less unhealthy than anorexia? Both are eating disorders and both should not be enabled to DEATH.

It wasn't bullying but refusal to enable.

Big Taters

No different than loving a drug addict to death. She will be treated the same. Nobody wants to hurt her fat feelings so they lie to her and she will eventually have health related problems. Sad.

Larry Smith

PLEASE GET WORD TO MR. KRAUSE THAT HE CAN SUE MS. LIVINGSTON FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. You don't have to believe me, but if you watch the interviews Ms. Livingston gave to Savannah Guthrie and Elizabeth Vargas, he's got her caught red-handed admitting that her actions are sincere and that he was not intentionally trying to bully her. That might not sound like much to you, but any attorney or law student will hear the KA-CHINGGGGG!!!!!

Ginger

I don't know why I'm surprised to see so many ppl judge her. I'm so tired of ppl thinking that being skinny is the only healthy way to live. But, I guess since we're all brainwashed to believe that fat isn't beautiful, then ppl will insult her and many others forever. It's funny, though, bc most of the works of arts have overweight women as the subjects...

Blue

I am a big gal, and people offer to help me, but I lack the stamina to go the distance and get the weight off, I don't take offense when people offer. She is an ADULT, its called offering help, its not like she is the fat 8yr old on the playground being teased.