QVC Guest Host

Collapses

On Live TV

10/8/2012 1:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

100812_qvc_faintQVC guest host Cassie Slane experienced an on-air medical emergency yesterday on live TV -- clutching her chest and collapsing on her co-host -- but thankfully, she's doing much better now.

Cassie and co-host Dan Hughes were hocking tablet devices for kids on the show "Sundays with Carolyn and Dan" when Cassie suddenly looked ill and fell over, appearing to faint.

The camera immediately cut away -- but Dan kept pitching the product, presumably while Cassie received some kind of medical attention.

Cassie returned to the camera moments later to pick up right where she left off ... but a few seconds in, she started slurring her words. The camera cut again and Dan finally said, "Cassie's having a little problem."

It's unclear what went wrong -- but Cassie took to Twitter hours ago, saying, "Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Feeling better today."

FYI -- it's not the first time Cassie has collapsed on air --a similar incident occurred during an electronics segment in 2010.

RUKidding

You know I was watching when it happen. I could see some thing wasn't right. I felt so bad for her, that I thought about her all day. If this happen once before she should get checked. The only thing I can think of is a panic attack. They do come like that and you feel like you can't breath. I'm so happy that they showed it on the internet, because I was really wondering what happen to her. BE WELL AND SAFE CASSIE. SCARY FOR THE VIEWER AS WELL.

gossipgirl86

Looks like she may be a diabetic an her blood sugar got too low.

gossipgirl86

I'm sure she knows exactly what is causing these "spells" but doesn't care to share and really it's none of our business....

sgkm

Epilepsy/Seizures, maybe?

SGKM

meg

Not a seizure. Can't be sure w/o a blood pressure monitor, but it looks like she just had an episode of vasovagal syncope. It can happen to anyone under the right conditions (ie heat, dehydration), but some people are more susceptible. She'll be fine; she just stood for too long.

Spottedfeather

Can you believe how big of a female cleansing product that that other host was ? He just went on while his co-host was possibly dying right next to him.

Ronnie

I did not see anything funny about someone passing out patting their chest. TMZ is just plain retarded for even showing this. I pray she is doing better after the incident. TMZ get a life already.

Sigrid Carter

To whom it may concern
Myself and 11 of my friends have been watching CVC for over 20 yrs and enjoy watching all of the different hosts you have, except one. Amy Stran is doing a terrible job, we all turn QVC off, once Amy comes on.
You never know, when she will mess up again!
Her good looks do NOT help in any way!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4