Rhea Perlman

Cheery

After Danny DeVito Split

10/9/2012 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1008_rhea_pearlman_article_akm_gsi
Just one day after news broke of her split from longtime husband Danny DeVito, "Cheers" star Rhea Perlman stepped out in L.A. today sans wedding ring -- with a big ol' smirk on her face.

As we previously reported, 67-year-old Danny and 64-year-old Rhea are separating after 30 years of marriage. The reason for the split is still unclear.

The news came as a shock even to close friends. In fact, "Cheers" actor John Ratzenberger said he saw Rhea just the other day and she never suggested things were going south in her marriage.

Thankfully, it's always sunny in Los Angeles -- even in times of divorce.

elm

Ratzenberger will be hitting that in no time

Miss Greta

Good luck and best wishes to Ms Perlman. I'm not really a fan but I understand she's a really sweet person who deserves happiness in her next chapter of life. The good life begins now!

Maria

I thought they were a match made in heaven.

Majestik

My heart breaks for this couple. With all the idiots that marry in Hollyweird and they divorce after 72 days, a year, two years, three, and on and on and on. I have been with the same man for 30 years, I plan on spending many more years with him but we also aren't in the spotlight and part of Hollyweird, who knows what went wrong. I wish all LONG TIME MARRIAGES would last forever. That wish is to the Hollyweird couples and to everyone out there in the real world.

Banderman

I'll bet he's happier than she is.

Toilethead

How did she ever put up with that nasty little midget?

robin

They are so cute....I just love them....say it isn't so.

BB not bb

So it seems like the divorce was her idea then. I don't think two people ever really agree on a divorce, there is always one person who is unhappy and so wants to make the other person unhappy or spite them.

I don't know what he could have done so wrong after so long. I know he was marketing his own brand of limoncello. Maybe he was taking too many samples of it, since some people say he seemed drunk often, but even so, couldn't she just let him sleep it off?

I just think divorce is so tacky and cheap. You marry for better or worse, or else, why even get married? It isn't a contract for a good time, it is a contract for life.

anony

They're trying to say the problem is "danny's wandering eye" but's probably Perlman's ongoing serious mental problems.

Vivi

Not short on cash ,Dannys worth about 1 billion dollars that s why she is smilin half is hers lol-

Maria

I thought they were a match made in heaven.

whateveryou

Shame it took her 30 years. If he's doing this now odds are he has been for a looong time. Hate to see anyone hand over 30 years, look up & you've not had your own life because of someone you never should have trusted. Sad but at least she's getting on with it. Funny lady, wish her the best.

Lily Daisy

If it's true that she's divorcing him because of his womanizing ways that she's endured for 30 years, ten I'm sure she does feel a great sense of freedom and relief! There's litte more demoralizing than being with a husband who constantly makes a play for every girl/woman that happens to cross his path. So Rhea, from a girl who had to deal with the same thing, life is infinitely happier and more fulfilling once you make the split.

Miki

From past articles and interviews I have seen (the one on with the View was badddd), Danny has been hitting the bar scene pretty hard. Also, he has been hanging with Mel Gibson. I am sure that Rhea has more self respect than that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3