The Ataris

Singer ATTACKS Drummer

... On Stage!

10/9/2012 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

100912_ataris_attack
Crazy moment at The Ataris concert in Jersey this weekend ... when the lead singer FLIPPED OUT and attacked his drummer ... firing his guitar at the guy and then throwing the drum kit off the stage.

It was a pretty glorious meltdown ... the band -- famous for their 2003 hit "Boys of Summer" -- was in the middle of a song when singer Kris Roe decided he HATED the way the drummer was playing.

Roe finally reaches his breaking point ... unstrapping his guitar and launching it at the drummer.

When the drummer continued to play, Roe grabbed pieces of the drum set ... lifted them over his head ... and threw them off the stage, until the drummer got the message.

Roe then went to the mic and tried to explain himself -- "Our drummer is f**king failing it tonight ... I don't know what his f**king problem is ... but I'm gonna finish the set by myself."

He added, "It's f**king embarrassing ... I can't handle it."

"I apologize ... but there's a certain amount of f**king sh*t I can take ... hopefully you guys understand ... sh*t happens."

update_bar
2:04 PM PT -- Kris -- along with the rest of the band (sans drummer) -- has issued a video statement explaining why he flipped out on stage.

Kris says the drummer had been drinking heavily before the show ... "for like 6 hours probably" ... and was a mess on stage, missing beats and playing like crap.

Kris says he would have liked to have handled the situation differently ... "but c'mon ... it's rock 'n roll."

**WARNING -- THERE IS A LOT OF CUSSING IN THIS STATEMENT**

Celebrities Suck

it's a sign of bipolar...

rey

They suck and The Nintendo's are much better.

ABB

Damn! Now there's some mean ass 8-bit Atari **** going on.

Fallopia Lopez

Whatta turd.

Wildling

Is this a thing now?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Let's go with bad cocaine for $200 Alex.

CoconutScrimp

Who is this again?

Mumra the Ever Living

This dude went nuts about how the drummer was playing? I guess this Kris Roe guy forget that he was playing in a bar that is inside of the Asbury Lanes bowling Alley? If Roe was so good, what the fuque was he doing in a bowling Alley?
If I was the drummer, I would have kicked his ass on stage. THEN the fans would have gotten their moneys worth.

HAHAHA

The drummer started doing fills and missed a change. Back in the day they used somthing called talent to feed off inprov from the other members...

pox leno

if a guitar play did that to me he would be headless and wouldnt be able to play for a year!! idiot!!

George

That's not rock n roll, that was stupidity. Drummer should have kick his a**. What an idiot!

furious cupcakes

Public humiliation is never part of the job description buddy. This lead singer needs a lesson in humanity.

adelle

Way to handle yourself like a complete and utter fckbag. You got problems, you handle them off stage like an adult. Mumbling some asinine excuse about how you're just being "rock n roll" was the douche-flavoured icing on your asshat cake. Congrats, you're a blithering idiot with the maturity level of a 3 year old.

moveover

Very professional! A real class act. I'm sure he'll be a huge star someday. (rolling my eyes)

Mya

I hope the drummer kicked hi Azz after the concert!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments