The Ataris

Singer ATTACKS Drummer

... On Stage!

10/9/2012 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

100912_ataris_attack
Crazy moment at The Ataris concert in Jersey this weekend ... when the lead singer FLIPPED OUT and attacked his drummer ... firing his guitar at the guy and then throwing the drum kit off the stage.

It was a pretty glorious meltdown ... the band -- famous for their 2003 hit "Boys of Summer" -- was in the middle of a song when singer Kris Roe decided he HATED the way the drummer was playing.

Roe finally reaches his breaking point ... unstrapping his guitar and launching it at the drummer.

When the drummer continued to play, Roe grabbed pieces of the drum set ... lifted them over his head ... and threw them off the stage, until the drummer got the message.

Roe then went to the mic and tried to explain himself -- "Our drummer is f**king failing it tonight ... I don't know what his f**king problem is ... but I'm gonna finish the set by myself."

He added, "It's f**king embarrassing ... I can't handle it."

"I apologize ... but there's a certain amount of f**king sh*t I can take ... hopefully you guys understand ... sh*t happens."

update_bar
2:04 PM PT -- Kris -- along with the rest of the band (sans drummer) -- has issued a video statement explaining why he flipped out on stage.

Kris says the drummer had been drinking heavily before the show ... "for like 6 hours probably" ... and was a mess on stage, missing beats and playing like crap.

Kris says he would have liked to have handled the situation differently ... "but c'mon ... it's rock 'n roll."

**WARNING -- THERE IS A LOT OF CUSSING IN THIS STATEMENT**

joseph

#douche

WTF

I was this and I feel that... your a band bro not a solo act. Fire yourself!!!

WTF

Does the drummer have a name or do they call him "drummer"?

curt

what a baby he's no rocker

KatieG90

I am so ****ing annoyed at all these comments saying the lead singer is crazy or needs anger management. You guys are idiots. I think its awesome that these guys made a video explaining why he did what he did. I understand that if your doing your job and someone is ****ing it up for you, it's unfair and disrespectful. This guy had every right to throw his guitar. I've had drunk friends be dumb as **** and do embarrassing and unnecessary things to me as well. I agree with this guy and think he had every right to be pissed off. Sorry not sorry.
Everyone is talking **** here because they still have 9 to 5 jobs and jealous that these guys are still touring making money. Grow up.

Killrbz

Saw the Ataris in Cambridge last year. It must have been an off night for Kris Roe, because he sucked. I'm proud I had enough control to not throw my beer at him. If I wanted to waste ten bucks he wouldn't be so lucky next time. Can't wait for the new material. Who's song are you going to cover this time? Some suggestions: 'Loser' by Beck or 'Douchebag' by Patent Pending,

Chet Sanders

Worst video game ever.

c

Wow, your excuse for acting like a complete jackass is that it’s rock ‘n roll? How pathetic. If he was really drinking that long and hard before the show it should have been obvious and you should have replaced him before the show. Now the only one that looks like an idiot is you.

James

who's going to their concerts?

man

I'd stay **WARNING -- THERE IS A LOT OF BULL**** IN THIS STATEMENT**

Turk182

Publicity stunt. This band stinks!

phyllis hall

I know what Kris said is a total lie. Call me if you want I will give a statement. He is the one with the problem a,d to use another person to cover it up is disgusting

phyllis hall

This is all a lie I know the drummer if TMZ wants to confirm this they can contact me. Kris is the one that has a bad habit (I know this for a fact) and to blame the drummer is over the top unprofessional.

BLGOLIONS

Atari..............much better than The Atari's!!!

BOYCOTT KRIS ROE

GO HERE FOR ALL THE INFO http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-kris-roe/533342936683027

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments