Debbie Reynolds

Hospitalized in L.A.

10/10/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1010_DEBBIE-REYNOLDS_getty
Legendary actress Debbie Reynolds was hospitalized in L.A. over the weekend following a bad reaction to meds -- Debbie's rep tells TMZ.

According to her rep, 80-year-old Debbie was hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai "due to an adverse reaction she experienced to a medication she was currently taking." It's unclear what kind of medication did the job.

Sounds pretty serious too -- Debbie's rep tells us, the actress has been forced to cancel her upcoming appearances for the next three months.

Debbie is still in the hospital, but the rep tells us she's already showing signs of improvement.

1010_debbie_reynolds_get_well_soon_footer

flora68

She's a great dame.Here's wishing her a speedy recovery.

There's a problem here

I'm hoping this time the "adverse reaction to medication" was just that. Not many of the old Hollywood left and I'm hoping she has more class than the current Hollywood.

Lynn317

She is a Hollywood icon ... and a Survivor.

Hope she gets well soon so she can keep reminding us of what enduring talent is all about.

Wow ...

Wishing a speedy recovery!

clanD

very sad. star track was my favorite show of all time.

clanD

will they burry her with her vulcan ears on? RIP sweet angel.

sdfsdf

This sucks. I really liked her in Star Trek. She will be missed.

TJ

Met the lovely Debbie,several years ago, at her casino in Las Vegas. The most kind , charming and gracious person to her fans that you can imagine! Love you ,talented, classy Debbie Reynolds! God bless~

SakkeL

Wow, didn't know she was 80 years old. What a beautiful lady. I Wish her all the best :)

TJ

I don't believe Debbie was ever in Star Trek. Some of you may be thinking of her daughter, Carrie Fisher.

TKB

I got colon cancer from a blood pressure drug. Lost 14" of my transverse colon to a humdinger of a tumor. Fortunately it was caught before it perforated the intesrinal wall. Two and a half years after my surgery it hit the news that this stuff (Verapamil) caused colon cancer. My doctors never told me this. When I found out, I made an appointment for the sole purpose of raising hell. And raise hell, I did. Why hadn't I been told? I backed two doctors into a corner and they both admitted it. I slowly weaned myself from the toxic junk. That was 18 years ago. Won't be taking any more prescription drugs unless I get run over by a truck!

TJ

Debbie starred in "Singin in the Rain" 1952,with the great Gene Kelly & Donald O'Connor. Also ,Tammy and the Bachelor" 1957 and received an academy award (I believe) for "The Unsinkable Molly Brown",1964. Among many others.Great actress, comedian and dancer!!

Joybubble55

Get well soon... Debbie....

CitySide

Wishing Ms. Reynolds a quick recovery.

Ms Kris

since the weekend & we just learn about it now? And she canceled her appearances for 3 months?
Hope Carrie & Todd are doing their best through this
Wish her a speedy recovery

All the messages RIP are in 100% bad taste