Wayne Newton

Sorry Officer ...

That's NOT My Wallaby

10/10/2012 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1009-wayne-newton-tmz-wallaby
Fact: Wayne Newton owns wallabies ... several of them.

Fact: Wallabies are indigenous to Australia and are rarely found in the U.S.

Fact: Cops were called to the area near Wayne's Las Vegas mansion Tuesday morning after getting reports of a wild wallaby running loose in the neighborhood.

Fact: The wallaby was apprehended and returned to its owner.

Fact: Clark County Animal Control SWEARS the owner of the wallaby is NOT Wayne Newton.

So, in conclusion ... Animal Control wants us to believe that someone else other than Wayne Newton owns a frickin' WALLABY ... in the middle of the Nevada desert.

Smells like walla-B.S. to us.

1010_animal_doppelgangers_zoo_footer

GLaDOS

Fact: Nobody cares.

Majestik

ROFLMAO...TMZ, look it up, three quarters of the animals in Australia are NOT indigenous to Australia, they were all brought over by someone. If the Wallabees, whoever their owners are are caring for them and treating them right, it doesnt matter. Someone in Vegas, besides Newton is probably making those Wallabees happy where they would be dying on the highway in AUSTRALIA. I live in B.C., We have a couple that owns a LLAMA farm here. Yes, that is right, LLAMAS, how the HELL are LLAMAS indigenous to this country eh. If I had a bazillion dollars I would have a farm with Koala Bears on it, just so they didnt die off in the wild in New Zealand. I would like to own Panda Bears too, if I was a bazillionair and none of this small arsed zoo enclosures.

Majestik

Oh, BTW, TMZ, you are falling down on the job if you are going to REPORT that a Wallaby was running wild in Vegas and it was not someone famous like Wayne Newton. Last month, here in my hometown, someone who has money and EXOTIC animals had a Kangaroo get loose and was running wild on our highway. This is BRITISH COLUMBIA, KANGAROOS ARE INDIGENOUS TO AUSTRALIA. Imagine all the lookyloos and traffic ties ups, and yes, there were TONS, when this Kangaroo got loose in our neck of the woods, NO ONE could believe it. They closed down a three mile stretch of highway to catch that bad boy...LOL.

So0nZ

@Majestik

We don't have any Koala's in New Zealand, but there are plenty of Wallaby's running around on Rangitoto Island here...

awesomewave

Remember that episode of Roseanne where she meets Wayne Newton? Neither do I.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Or maybe animal control thought it was none of your business. Or maybe somebody thought it was neat that WN had them and wanted one too.

Phishie from Philly

Are there referencing the wallaby as Wayne's peniss?
Phishie from Philly

BB not bb

Well I'll be . . .

verlinda

What the f--k????

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Wayne looks pretty good in that picture. I saw him in public talking to someone in Vegas a few years ago and he looked like a wax mannequin. He doesn't even look human.

Stacy

...Sitting here reading the Wanye & Wallaby Wednesday funnies. Drinking coffee, wondering if the runaway Wallaby is really Wayne Newton's or another neighbor close by...This isn't funny anymore I didn't come to this site to think.

ragu4u

When will Wayne (the has been) Newton take over for Andy Williams in Branson, Missouri? What do you mean..." he ain't old enough"?

FlamingoNut

Um, it's Vegas, anything is possible. I'm sure Newton isn't the only eccentric and/or rich person in the area...

EastCoastChopper

CRIKEY!

erin

I live in Vegas and I know the Newtons. It wasn't theirs Wallaby :) Actually.... Alot of people have them in Vegas.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments