« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ND

No matter the gender, color, or profession, an animal abuser needs to be supervised. The abuser's children need to be exposed to animal companions so the children can connect and break the cycle of abuse. There are many different species of animal companions, so the animals used to teach/connect with the children DO NOT need to be the animal abused, i.e., dog. Whichever animal companion used to help the children connect to other living beings,the family pet should be monitored by a veterinary to insure the health of the animal. Heck, with that extra effort, the Vick family could become a role model for companion animal care.

Sandi

Mr. Vick is a criminal and a dog torturer. The judge said he could not own any dogs. Vick has it in his upbringing to be cruel and Vick does not respect or love animals. I wish and pray that what Vick had done to those innocent dogs, that that should happen to you in this lifetime. Karma will get you Vick, you are no good and we all hate you! Please have much hurt in your life as you put your hurt on all of those animals. Boo the Phila. Eagles and Vick. Boo the Eagles and how do you fans cheer for this dog torturer? Vick, you need to feel the pain that at your hands, the innocent felt, you no good excuse for a human. Boo to you and your life and your offspring. My Eagles jersey is my butt wipe. Boo the Eagles! Lose and Vick, hope you get hit so hard that you get paralized and a shameful and hurtful life. You are not good, Vick.

Jake David

I cant even begin to describe my feelings of sheer disgust and anger towards that low life. he should never, ever EVER own a ****ing animal after he brutally killed alot of them. so ****ed up

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I'm probably in the minority here but first, the man served his time and even though he knew full well that the torture that was being put upon dogs on property he owned he was chumped. I'm thinking that if he own a dog, looks in that dog's eyes, and sees the unconditional love a dog has for its people that may be more of a revelation than jail time could ever be.

Daneec58

Ok kids, daddy's a dog killer but there going to allow me to get another one anyway. But you have to be nice ok?

nikynewark

Wonder if Vic has photos of his dead tortured dogs on the fridge so the children will know what a monster daddy is?

Mashley

Would you give a child to a sex offender? how about a runaway to a serial killer? This is what Vick is. He is a serial animal abuser and murderer. He is subhuman and pure s***.

Barbara Costello

it's like giving a pedophile a child.....he should never be allowed near a dog - any dog- again. period.

Raejean

I thought it was part of the terms of his sentence that he never own a dog again.

Bitcetc

I am terrified for his dog, his child, his family and his community. If he wished to atone, he could do so with community service. The fact that he has already tried to HIDE the fact he's got a dog is NOT a good sign. He is a low-life thug. Have you seen pictures of some of the dogs he murdered? I have.

mhcastellow

He doesn't deserve a pet. I don't evn think he should be a breaded. I'm no fan.

marymac

Vick is another disgusting POS that should be in prison, he got off easy because of who he is.

Bill

That is what is wrong with our legal system today, If he is allowed to have a dog then justice in my mind has been subverted. Owning animals is a privilege, not a right. After the offenses he committed he should be barred from having a dog forever. His family has my sympathy but the lesson they are learning is that there are no permanent consequences for illegal acts.

Lisa

Anyone who believes he should be allowed to own a dog needs to google court do***ents as well as photos of his previous dogs. The man is an animal and anyone who could repeatally slam a dog onto the concrete will eventually harm humans. Here's a photo of one of his dogs...

Jsmiley

who are any of us to pass judgement on this man or anybody else??? I hope the people passing harsh judgements receive the same type of treatment from the man above....