« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bill

This poll that TMZ took is highly flawed. If you look at the comments left here then you are telling me 64 percent of the people that voted are in favor of this idiot having another dog. It is bad enough that the legal system must have decided to look the other way.I wonder how much that cost. Sad!!

Tim Gray

Your a disgrace to your team and to society! You should NEVER be allowed the privilege of owning an animal again!

Woot

I guess it must seem like a reasonable deduction that people can change, but I've never known someone who was raised to think of animals as objects to change their mindset. And especially when it comes to abuse.

Woot

==========================
LOCK VICK UP FOREVER... or at least make it illegal for him to own or be alone in the presence of ANY animal.

Tim Gray

Your a disgrace to your team and to society. You should be banned from ever having the privileged of owning another animal. You make me sick!!!!!

backfire

Pretty obvious he didn't write the quote attributed to him.

Amber

Yea what happened to your old family dogs Vick? Oh yea that right you used them as bait dogs! You admitted to laughing as the dogs ate them. Pychopath.

Amber

What happened to your old family dogs? Oh yea that is right you admitted to throwing them in your fighting rings to be killed by the big dogs! Yea hope your kids read that and hate you for the rest of your life. Pyschopath.

ercurry

if he is past whatever bs dark place that made him kill, abuse and torture dogs, why did he have to hide the fact that he has a dog?

Bob

I hope the dog eats him.

Barbara

I want to know exactly what breed of dog he has before I vote...a tiny little mutt is ok....it can't eat anyones face off with one bite

carnell mosley

To compare mike vick with a child abuser just shows how big an idiot you people are . ask the little girl jessica's parents if what happened to their daughter is equal to what he did too some dogs dumbass !!!

carnell mosley

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/my-tmz/#ixzz294K8DJmI

koni hybl

Bull**** hope he's being supervised so this one doesn't end up dead along with all the others he's already killed.

ANGRY

How the hell is that possible ..I mean REALLY WTF ..nothing against his children but HOW DOES THIS BECOME OK???