« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Travis

72% YES and 28% NO....i've lost all faith in humanity

elena

when a person kills an animal thats the first sign he is a serial killer ... this piece of **** shot his Rottweiler for not barking when the door bell rang....he killed a bunch of animals for no reason and he thinks his family DESERVES a pet? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having a pet is a privilege one that Vick gave up a long time ago... he is a piece of **** and i hope his kids will grow up and read what he did and disown his stupid ass....
you will all see this is not the last horrable thing this garbage does

Tracey Davidson

So he kills nameless innocent dogs, goes to jail, comes out goes back to playing professional football, gets sponsorship, gets to live in his mansion and gets a new dog, yeah, that's justice, sure he totally regrets what he's done because of all that was taken from him, oh wait.......! Goes to show, if you're a sports person or a celebrity you are above the laws and judgements of us 'normal' folk, nice.

Dave Meuse

I would not even allow Vic to have a stuffed teddy bear. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!!!

Tracey Davidson

Cassie

Quote in previous news "Hudson noted that, despite Vick's claims that he accepted responsibility for his actions, his failure to cooperate fully with federal officials, coupled with a failed drug test and a failed polygraph, showed that Vick had not accepted full responsibility for "promoting, funding and facilitating this cruel and inhumane sporting activity". So now let's give him back every privilege he abused and pretend it never happened. Let's give him back his wealth, his popularity and then also turn him into a Martyr for not only WATCHING animals scream for their lives, but putting his own hands on the losers to help finish them off, by strangling and drowning them. He already forced his very own pets that he said he loved into fighting. Why not give him another? Saying "I love you" is OK, but saying it doesn't make it true, neither does saying I'm sorry. In some instances, words don't count for much. "Oops, I'm sorry" only works for I'm sorry I accidentally stepped on your toe, not for I'm sorry I strangled you and hung you up to die?

Mary Mooney

This man should NEVER have the opportunity to own another dog again. He didn't just murder those dogs, he TORTURED those dogs to a slow agonizing death. He may have served prison time for his crimes, but NOT NEAR ENOUGH. I'm all for letting the past lie, but that doesn't include giving him another chance to abuse an animal in the future. He can teach his children love and respect for animals, but first he should explain to them WHY he doesn't deserve to have another dog.

Amber

that poll is BS it's was 38% no yesterday now 20%

J. Wench

80% of people think it's ok for him to have a dog.....would those same people allow a known paedophile to adopt? Where's the diference :(

marie

I want to know who are all the morons that voted yes

Kathy Young

No he should own a dog or a pet of any kind!! He Lost that RIGHT when he FOUGHT DOGS Instead of Loving them!!! People claim Pit Bulls are Dangerous Dogs~~But is Really the Human that Raises the dog that is Dangerous!!! :(

cmcinnes

Finally confirmation...Reading from a script perhaps !! Is he going to the effort to tell us wot we want/need to hear or wot he thinks we need to hear.... I guess everyone deserves a second chance ! He won't b able to fart without the rest of the world watching and listning !! i say good luck to him .. he's gonna need it bahahaha **** is all i can say... yet the dumb buggers of the law have allowed it.. so he has cause he can.... which really makes him every kind of dumb and stoopid !!!

LLowe

First let me state for any of you who feel Vick has paid his debt....NOT! He was convicted and served time for illegal dog fighting and money laundering NOT ANIMAL CRUELTY, a debt still owed. And giving Vick a dog, is like giving a pedophile a child, just plain wrong. Once a POS always a POS.

MaryAnn

You have lost and abused your right to own a dog. You should be put back in jail for disobeying a court order and never be let out. I dont care if its for your kids/family you lost that right and should tell the kids what you did affected them. Shame on you your an evil and cruel person

Kristin Majercik

You guys ALWAYS get it wrong. Vick did not serve a single day of any kind of time for doing ANYthing to those dogs. He was incarcerated for his gambling operation. NOT ONE DAY FOR THE DOGS!!!!! Oh he killed them alright. He electrocuted them, body slammed them onto concrete, strung them up and slowly suffocated them. He took his daughter's PET and used it as a bait dog and laughed while the fighting dogs brutalized it. But he never served a single day in jail for ANY of that. Putting a dog under his care is like giving foster children to a child molester!!