« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ashley

I hope that dog has a micheal vick chew toy.

De

You got to be kidding me

BellaJ

The way I see it he's as bad as a pedophile. He cannot be rehabilitated and does not deserve the right to have pets. The only thing he's sorry about is that he got caught!

Jim

And the first time the dog has an accident in the house, it will either be body slammed against a concrete wall in a fit of rage, or it will be found HANGING in the yard, or ELECTROCUTED, just like his fighting dogs were KILLED by VICK. And his poor kids will probably suffer the same fate.

Mike

they wouldn't let a child molester adopt a kid?

FYI

Vick did not go to jail for killing multiple dogs!!

Get your facts straight TMZ!

Mike

They wouldn't let a child abuser adopt a child?

Taters

This had to be a written statement, I've never heard him talk like that.

systasoulja

Hell Yeah he should have a dotg! He went to jail and paid fines! Enough is enough!! Some of the same broke people talking slick are having babies like a litter of puppies and can't take care of them. Hell, just act as if he was white and his last name was...ummmmmm Cruise or Pitt and shut the Hell up!

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

WE AS HUMANS MUST PROTECT THOSE WHO CANNOT PROTECT THEMSELVES. IF VICK MURDERED AN INNOCENT CHILD, WOULD YOU BE SAYING LET HIM HAVE ANOTHER. YOU STUPID F&^CKING PEOPLE. I DONT GIVE A RATS A@@ HOW MUCH TIME HE SERVED, IT WASN'T ENOUGH!!!

Z.

NEVER another dog!!! And, ONLY because of his children developing respect, connection, and love SHOULD the risk and privilege of an animal companion be given to the Vick family. EVEN THEN, someone should be given the responsibility to supervise the situation to make sure the animal companion is well cared for, INCLUDING vet check-ups on a set schedule.

lyn51

'''Treat Gods creatures with kindness and respect"" This is what Vicks said!!! Are you kidding me??? I guess the OTHER DOGS that died and suffered weren't Gods creatures???? This VICKS makes me sick!!!!!

Sunbear

Hey murderer, when your kids asked for a dog why couldn't you be honest for once in your pathetic life and tell them we can't have one cause daddy is a DOG MURDERER!! You should NEVER have another precious animal. May your fate be the same fate as those YOU, yes YOU TORTURED and MURDERER!!!!

laurie

really...are you "F"ing kidding me...why? he should never ever be able to be a near a dog

marlene

Heck NO, not after all the dogs he murdered!!!!!! He is a very sick person. Anyone who does what he did to animals is not normal and should no way have dogs, kids or any animal. He is a monister.