« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Buffy

This is sickening, amazing how when you're popular you get away with ****. Pathetic loser!!

mraquelle

hmm.. this man paid his debt to society. Im confused as to why he can't mind his OWN business & own a family pet? why is he being compared to child rapists and murderers. Let this man live. He ain't bothering you.

kiki

Is it even legal for him to have a dog (or any other kind of domestic animal) after what he did? I know children can benefit from a house pet, I grow up with many dogs all loved like real family members. How didn't cried for days when their first beloved pet died?
The dog I have now is sleeping curled on my legs while I am writing this. And just the idea that someone can treat those (or any) creature in the way he did is just repulsive. I am sorry but unfortunately O think his children will have pay the price of their father mistakes and go without a family pet, at least until they live with him. May be it will be even a greater lesson when they will ask why they can't have a dog. I know I am harsh but how. An someone do something so disgusting and change? There has to be a broken chip on his brain (like the one for compassion) and those can't be fixed. By the way my dog say 'F U Mr Vick'.

Kaniko

Dogs are Animals. People now a days are so quick to defend animals what about our children.

lyn

Makes me sick...he says its one of Gods creatures and to treat it with kindness and respect!! Who the bleep is he kidding???? So the "OTHER" DOGS that died and suffered they were different?????????What a jerk

Darshawn

Hey murderer, when your kids asked for a dog why couldn't you be honest for once in your pathetic life and tell them we can't have one cause daddy is a DOG MURDERER!! You should NEVER have another precious animal. May your fate be the same fate as those YOU, yes YOU TORTURED and MURDERER!!!!

bobby brown

isnt that a condition of his probation, not to have dog! Animal killers have no remorse, no soul!

Jac

This sadistic #&$^ should NOT be allowed to own any living creature. This is WRONG WRONG WRONG.

ju

how can any one defend this peice of crap after what he did to these poor animals makes me cry no no no who gave this man the right to own a dog should be crusified this is not right this pisses me off after what this brainless idiot did to these animals they should of let the dogs loose on him and let them rip him apart I hate this man and the people that let him own a animal I am a animal lover and I speak for all the animals cause nobody else will take that dog away let the people vote he should be cleaning out dog **** at animal shelters yes I am mad that this idiot can have a dog who are the idiots that said yes they should all go to prision

ND

Dear Detective. LaToya,

Abuse has no color.

Home Skillet

The chance of those words coming directly out of Michael Vick without the assistance of a writer is equal to the chance of butterflies flying outta my butt right now.

ND

Dear Detective. LaToya

Anyone "Wishing DEATH on his (Vick's)children" is an awlful person egardless of their color of their skin colr. Whoever says such a stupid thing is an idiot. And sadly, idiots comein all colors.

Stass

..All the comments say WTF, why would anyone on earth give this dude a dog? - But looking at the poll 53% are in favour of him having a dog?

Stass

I'm a little confused as to why the poll says more people are in favour of him having a dog when, evidently and the comments prove that no one is in favour of him having a dog?

kat6534

MICHAEL VICK "MAY YOU ROT IN HELL" AS MY DEAR FATHER ALWAYS USE TO SAY "AN EYE FOR AN EYE" THOSE PRECIOUS PUPS...YOU ARE A POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!!