The Ataris Ex-Drummer

I'm NO Drunk ...

But I Did Suck

10/12/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_ataris_drummer2
The Ataris' ex-drummer Rob Felicetti -- who got ATTACKED on stage by his lead singer last weekend -- is flatly denying he has a drinking problem ... telling TMZ, the singer's drum-smashing outburst was completely unjustified.

No surprise, Rob says he's officially quitting the band after singer Kris Roe's crazy guitar-throwing drum-kicking meltdown -- which was caught on tape -- telling us, Kris' "actions were petty, uncalled for, inexcusable, immature, and an embarrassment to both bands and fans alike.”

Felicetti admitts he was having "an off night" but calls Roe's outburst “tantamount to that of an 11-year-old girl unable to obtain tickets to a One Direction concert.” (No offense to 1Ders)

He also says Roe's video apology to fans -- in which he accuses Felicetti of over-boozing -- is all lies.

Felicetti tells us no one in the band, including himself, had a drinking problem ... and it was never discussed until Kris tried making the ole "rock-n-roll" excuse "for throwing a drum set at another human being … namely me.”

He adds, “Never have I felt more violated or betrayed by someone I once called a friend.”

Aldo

So fake and staged for pubicity!

katemix

Rob is an all around awesomely great guy. He DOESN'T have a drinking problems. If you honestly, believe he does then you don't really know him. He's better off with Patent Pending anyway.

Drew

So his explanation is he is just a terrible drummer? He sounded like he was drumming in slow motion all night, of course he was drunk! Good riddance!

nik

the ataris are terrible anyways. playikng drunk would at least be a reasonable excuse for why they suck so badly

Jimmi

I saw the Ataris in Philly a few weeks before this happened and Rob was apparently having an "off night" that night as well. I stand behind Kris. He's a good guy and I saw first hand just how "seriously" Rob takes the shows with the Ataris. They're much better off. Anyone in a band can understand where Kris is coming from.. Everyone else can choke on their opinions.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2