Anthony Bourdain

RIPPED By Guy Fieri ...

How Bout Those Drugs?

10/13/2012 4:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1013-guy-fieri-anthony-bourdain_getty
Anthony Bourdain
got his ass served to him Thursday night -- when celebrity chef Guy Fieri exacted his revenge on the "No Reservations" host by taking shots at his druggie past ... AND he did it all for charity.

Guy unleashed his insults at the NYC Wine & Food Festival during a charity roast of Bourdain -- who is notorious for his incessant bashing of Food Network chefs.

Guy quipped, "Anthony ... I hear you’re the only one in [culinary] class who did most of his cooking with a spoon and a Bic lighter" ... referring to Bourdain's self-confessed past drug use.

The jab must have been a sweet moment for Guy -- who has endured years of Bourdain's verbal attacks. Like the time Bourdain called Guy's newest 600-seat NYC restaurant a "terror-dome" ... that serves crappy food.

So we gotta ask ...

Bryan

What Guy doesn't know is that Tony is completely open to his drug past in his show,and in his book.....

Truffles are Yummy

Funny, I know for a fact that Guy partied with coca among other things in his younger days in Santa Rosa, so WTF is he talking about? TEAM BOURDAIN, Guy is a dick. Trust me.

ratbag

Love Tony. Hate Guy. Guy is an absurd buffoon with his sunglasses growing out of his neck and all his hideous Ed Hardy outta date douchey clothes and jewelry that is more suitable for a 14 yr. old skateboarder. As for his food, if you like burgers and tacos, he's your guy. If you like someone witty who knows food, Tony is your guy.

how lame

Guy is so annoying but bourdain talks too much crap about every chef... can he even cook anymore? So team guy on this one.

Justin

The thing about Bourdain which makes him great is he doesn't give a F. He says what he thinks, never apologizes, and his books and TV shows prosper. We all wish we could get paid to live like that.

dstark9@sbcglobal.net

I like Guy's concept of his show alot better than watching Bourdains show. That is just my opinion. I just wish Guy wasn't so obnoxious....Guy's show would be alot better if he would just take it down a couple notches. Sometimes watching him interact with other people can be very uncomfortable to watch.

VictoriaGirl

Im sure whatever critisism Bourdain gives is strictly food and restaurant related. Guys "joke" was completely below the belt and a personal attack. Lost any respect I had for the guy. ( And really, how much respect can you have for a guy who wears his sunglasses on the back of his head?)

TRUTHSAYER

Oh please, I'm sure Tony was cracking up when he heard it. He doesn't care.

But seriously, Tony should shut his trap once in a while.

TheMachine1

Guy Fieri was the final nail in the coffin that rendered the food network dead to me.

A1A

I know how Tony's attitude, appearance and cooking is going to be in 20 years, its going to be about how it is today. With Guy, his attitude, well his attitude is whole other conversation, his appearance in 20 years might be so out of date skateboarder dude that its embarassing, and his cooking will be pretty much like his local restarurant, ordinary fare cooked like an ordinary cook would do it. So all in all, while both have huge egos, which by the way so do I, suspect in 20 years Tony will be the senior executive chef and Guy will be senior "grit eating fool".

Carl

I'm originally from the same town as Guy Fieri (a mid sized town in northern California). He has two restaurants there. I know multiple people that got sick after eating at one of them and the other one got closed down by the board of health because of a RAT INFESTATION. He's a joke.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Pretty sure he surpassed a spoon and went onto a Ladle and a Bic Torch.

Yak

I can't stand either of these two self-absorbed ****s. Like many pseudo celebs, they make controversial comments for publicity & ratings. I don't know about Fieri but Bourdain used to be a chain smoker and thus, he has no business being a chef or a food critic as he can't have a proper sense of taste or smell. Sadly, people buy into his schtick because he's blunt, arrogant and swears. Like that substitutes for entertainment now.

some guy

The only thing these two know about food is how to eat it. Slap an apron and back in the kitchen with these two. Bitches.

ok

Anthony always comes off as an arrogant prick. Probably why he lost TMZ's vote.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments