Gary Collins

Dead at 74

10/13/2012 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1013_gary-collins_getty
Gary Collins
, a legendary TV actor and host, died early this morning in Biloxi, MS at the age of 74.

Harrison County Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer tells TMZ he passed of natural causes just before 1:00 AM at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.

Collins' resumé is a mile long ... having appeared on episodes of such hit shows as "Fantasy Island," "Charlie's Angels," "Alice," "The Love Boat," "Police Story" ... the list goes on.

Collins was also known for hosting the talk show "Hour Magazine" and from 1980-1988 and hosted the Miss America Pageant from 1985-1989.

He married former Miss America Mary Ann Mobley in 1967 and the couple had one child together. They separated last year.

Collins also had two children from a previous marriage.

Over the last few years, Collins had several run-ins with the law, including a DUI arrest where his blood alcohol level was a whopping .29.

croc

sorry to hear that.. i was thinking booze had something to do with it..guess not...he was hot back in the day..ss for the family.. R.I.P.

Carl

RIP. I remember watching him when I was a kid in the 80s. It is sad that he had so many troubles later in life, I wonder if his substance issues contributed to his death?

devilgirl

Poor Gary. RIP.

moxie

R.I.P. Gary.

bjay

RIP. I remember watching him in a series called The Sixth Sense when I was a kid. Probably was one of the first "paranormal" shows ever.

Truth

HE COULD LIVE 7 YRS LONGER LIKE REGIS... THEN AGAIN I DONT SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE. LIVE LONGER TO GET DEMENTIA LIKE PHILBIN? NAHHH, SUCKS TO BE OLD. #RIP #TRUTH!!

kerrplunk

RIP sir

how lame

R.I.P.

Sarah

One category of death by natural causes involves death that results from a disease. I would imagine liver disease in this case.
At least three DUIs, a "leaving the scene of an accident", and a "dine and dash" were just some of Gary's more recent troubles thanks to alcohol.

MrHarrybawls2010

GARY COLLINS WROTE A SUICIDE NOTE SAYING " I JUST COULDN"T TAKE ANY MORE STORIES ABOUT LINDSAY LOHAN ON TMZ......"

WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL GARY. R.I.P.

christy

Who the heck bothers to get a seperation after 45 years of marriage when you are almost 80 years old?
I don't get that, but anyway, sympathies to those left to grieve.

MoraMore

R.I.P. Mr. Collins

Wishbone

Sarah nailed it.

SimplyHappy

Rest in Paradise Gary...

WiddoMouse

My condolences to his wife Mary Ann and his daughter Mary Clancy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments