President Obama to

Mariah Carey & Nicki Minaj

STOP THE FIGHTING!

10/15/2012 1:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1015_nicki_obama_mariah_01

President Barack Obama
has a message for Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey -- GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!!!!!

The war at the "American Idol" judges' table was escalated all the way to the Commander In Chief this weekend when POTUS appeared on Michael Yo's radio show.

"I think that they are going to be able to sort it out," Obama said ... "I am confident."

Obama continued, "I'm all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they're moving forward and not going backwards."

And when asked who's his favorite, Obama actually picked a side -- replying, "Mariah. She's actually done some events for us. I've gotten to know her and Nick [Cannon]. She's a wonderful lady."

He added ... "Nicki, I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod."

no shit..

PLEASE...like he cares....

nate

Sadly, this non story is a window into the President's mental acuity. The man can't solve anything but some silly TMZ pop culture. What a joke! This country is in so much trouble if this mental midget wanna be rock star gets another 4 years.

smorbie

That's par for the course. He doesn't have time for security briefings or to meet with Israel's leader, but he can call a radio show to discuss a feud between two divas. Classic.

RO

How could you not LOVE this president man... come on!!! you people are koo-koo!!!

Spanky

Welfare has given you and your people enough!

anne

he just lost the election, maybe he's applying for a job on american idol! he'd be perfect at it.

John11a2b

I think this president is more about wanting to be famous than anything else.

jlgrr

Are kidding me? This is the most divided we've been in a long time, if ever! This POTUS is all about class warfare and a race war... He is the great divider and full of dog doo, people doo and all the doo-doo in the universe! Black or white- he has the WORST policies! Let me repeat: We despise his policies, NOT the color of his skin!!!

Nobrows

Who is he kidding. He has never worked with anyone. He has only dictated. With an ambassador and 3 others being killed, and the White House insisting for weeks that it was because of a video, maybe he should pay more attention to the reality of the world, not so called reality shows.

Crystal

Absolutely pandering for the youth vote that isn't sweeping his way as it did during the last election. The election is in ONE MONTH. Surely there are more important things he should be focusing his time on - like not being mentally asleep during this next debate.

Georgia

Are you kidding me!?!?! The country is in a spiral and he is commenting on a show that has jumped the shark seasons ago. Where are his priorities. This just pushes me over the edge. I was going to vote for him again, but not now. PAY ATTENTION TO THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY NEED YOU!

ray

so proud he's not afraid to address these problems of our country. now if he will only tackle the economy and the murders he caused in bengazi.

rtexas

I cannot believe thie ridiculous man is worried about this fake bull when soooo many things need to be taken care of. Oh wait, yes I can...wasn't he worried about Big Bird last week??? This man is a joke, no wonder this country is in shambles!

HumanNature

Oh Please

HOW MANY MISTAKES DID BUSH MAKE DURING HIS TWO TERMS????

Jenny

So glad he has his priorities in the right place...let's see should I find a solution to unemployment and the economy...no way I need to help stop the American Idol judges from fighting...thats whats important...Election day can not come soon enough!