DJ Paul

I Had NO IDEA Tasers

Were Illegal in NYC

10/15/2012 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1015_dj_paul_article
Three 6 Mafia member DJ Paul tells TMZ ... he shouldn't be considered a criminal for carrying a taser around NYC ... claiming he simply didn't know it was illegal.

As we previously reported, the rapper was arrested late last night when cops approached him about carrying an open can of beer in public (a Corona) ... when they learned he was packin' a taser.

"I honestly didn't know it was illegal," Paul tells us ... adding, "I thought it was at the same level as pepper spray."

Paul continues, "My bodyguard wasn't around last night and I was by myself in NYC and anything can happen in the late hours down there."

Paul says he plans to fight the charges -- telling us, "I have a clean record and don't want to dirty it up for something minor like this ... I wasn't carrying it to go out and harm someone."

GLaDOS

Eh, I agree with him. I don't see why this would be an issue. That's a dumb law.

Kev the Realist

So the rapper usually has a bodyguard, but didn't think he needed one in NYC, R U freekin nuts, you idiot, that is where you DO need a bodyguard. Aha the stupidity defense. usually works in California, but not so much in NY. Instead of hiring a body guard why not get some teeth....

Laura

Does this guy really need a bodyguard? I mean, come on. I've never even heard of him.

Seldombinlaid

I didn't know it was illegal to carry one either. I'll have to look into that in this state. I figured it would make for good protection.

Seldombinlaid

Another thought. What this man has done to his face, he looks like the thug that would harm someone.

Seldombinlaid

I suppose he thinks he looks good. I like asking people on the street that. LMBO

diamondsaredumb

That is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen. Ever.

Cartman

That is one stupid looking bro.

Mike

pepper spray is legal in NY?????

Justin

Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defense in court. It is his responsibility to know the laws of where he is at. But I'm sure he will get off easy just like the majority of every other celebrity.

Duke Steele

Well, hes one handsome sob, isn't he?

UNLEVINED HARVEY

wtf did you do to your mug homie?

bboy

its amazing how we New Yorkers are not allowed to protect ourselves in these means streets. I guess you have to just hope that you aren't victimized, SMH

deb

Who in their right mind would attempt to touch this clown????

joecrabs

What a beautiful smile. Damm I love rappers. Their style is just so...mmmmmmmmmm!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments