DJ Paul

I Had NO IDEA Tasers

Were Illegal in NYC

10/15/2012 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1015_dj_paul_article
Three 6 Mafia member DJ Paul tells TMZ ... he shouldn't be considered a criminal for carrying a taser around NYC ... claiming he simply didn't know it was illegal.

As we previously reported, the rapper was arrested late last night when cops approached him about carrying an open can of beer in public (a Corona) ... when they learned he was packin' a taser.

"I honestly didn't know it was illegal," Paul tells us ... adding, "I thought it was at the same level as pepper spray."

Paul continues, "My bodyguard wasn't around last night and I was by myself in NYC and anything can happen in the late hours down there."

Paul says he plans to fight the charges -- telling us, "I have a clean record and don't want to dirty it up for something minor like this ... I wasn't carrying it to go out and harm someone."

Spicy mag

I guess people should carry around big umbrellas as protection. The criminals all have weapons, so what do good citizens use for protection against them while the cops are busy writing parking tickets.???

Tee

man....that face should be illegal

junglegirl979

I think he is being quite honest to me, I as woman would carry one in NYC at night too. Specially if his famous.... I would knew until now the teasers was illegal, I was compering it with pepper spray that won't kill, but impede an aggressor from attacking...i was personally attacked walking in this city once on the street plain light of day by a guy who was dressing like Jew passing by me.

b

I feel where he coming from he has a clean record if they treat him like every other non famous person he will get it dismiss they really go after people with prior s from major offenses if he has a clean record he should get let go with a warning after all it is really a dumb law with all the goons in NYC you will not allow citizens carry a life saving in most cases non lethal weapon that just don't make any since

tellmeaboutit

Holy crap! This guy gives new meaning to butt ugly. And dumb too?

Common Sense

It's the person's responsibility to know ALL STATE & LOCAL laws when carrying ANY type of weapon.
Ignorance is NO excuse of the law!!!!!

EL BOOGIE

Three 6 Mafia, the only rap group that has ever won an OSCAR for music in a motion picture.

terrell m

the only reason i believe him is because hes from the south.... hes not a new yorker.. and rappers carry alot worse on them then a taser..

amberpixel

Since when do they make cans of Corona? I've just never seen or noticed if Corona is distributed in anything other than a bottle.

SDK

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIS TEETH??? OR TEEFF?

Lisa-Centereach

DOUCHEBAGGERY at it's height.

Lisa-Centereach

Proving once again, what f**king a**holes rappers truly are. Haven't seen one classy one yet.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3