Honey Boo Boo's Mama

'South Park' Spoof

WASN'T FUNNY

10/15/2012 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101512_honey_tmzlive_launch_v2
Mama June wasn't laughing at the way she and her family were portrayed on "South Park" earlier this month ... telling TMZ the way the show focused on her weight was just plain "trashy."

June and her daughter Alana -- aka Honey Boo Boo -- just appeared on "TMZ Live" ... when we asked how they handled being spoofed on shows like "South Park" and "Saturday Night Live."

June's response -- "Me being a big person, I didn't take offense ... that show is just not a show that I would want to be on in the first place."

She added, "Just the way they portrayed the show ... it was kinda trashy."

June, Alana and the rest of the gang were mocked hard in the "South Park" ep -- in which Honey Boo Boo got a heart transplant ... with a pig heart ... after eating too much 'sketti and butter."

Jen

I'm actually really surprised, they seem to have a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at themselves.

taz

I just can't look at that woman and her demon spawn. I weep for the future, that this family has a spotlight on them and their profiting for being a freak show of a family.

adelle

She must realize that South Park loves to reference and attack anything pop culture. It is simply the fact that the show has mass appeal...if they weren't as popular as they were, they wouldn't have even made it on to the show. Although the episode itself was insulting, she could look at the bright side and see the fact that they made it on to the show was a complement. It mean's they're very popular and successful.

Besides, if she had a problem with the way she was portrayed in the show, she should probably check herself and the way she portrays HERSELF in real life...I mean the South Park episode was NOT a far cry from the way she acts in real life. If you don't want people making fun of you for your eating habits, or your weight maybe you should do something about it. Your kid is a spoiled little brat, and your eating habits are so unhealthy it's scary.. You didn't actually expect the entire world was going to find that "cute" did you?? Redneckin'telligence at it's finest.

moxie

Oh yeah, tooo funny!!!

Fuck Celebrities

The pig puts the piglet on television and then complains about the consequences of fame?

OINK!

Cheryl A.

June, you and your entire family are nothing but poor white trash. I am NOT proud to say that my family is also from Georgia. YOU put the redneck in the South.

KnuckleDragger

Wasn't Funny? Wasn't Funny? Are you shìttin' me? That was f*cking HILARIOUS!

SOUTH PARK! SOUTH PARK! SOUTH PARK! SOUTH PARK! SOUTH PARK! SOUTH PARK!

twinsies

She thought South Park portrayed them as "trashy". Is that the pot calling the kettle black or what? If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck. Guess what?

katedeannn

is she really one to talk about being trashy?

MzReeses

I didn't watch it but the clip on here was hilarious, and the resemblance between June and the South Park figure were uncanny. However, I think its a bit wrong to make fun of a child its not her fault she has a bad mother.

Cheryl A.

AND by the way, when I clicked on TMZ live and saw Mama Pig with her 87 chins bobbing up and down I shut down the computer. They are not even human-like. Just pigs.

Maddie

TMZ, why must you promote and encourage these people. I'm thinking we've sunk so low with this family, there is no hope of raising ourselves and that bar out of the manure. When you take a look at TLC's line-up, South Park comes across as educational.

kendra

I just don't know what has happened to family T.v. I think using a families personal lives, the good and bad, is just plain awful. but this honey boo-boo is really out there. first off I think that the child is an absolute brat. I have raised two children, both boys thank god, and they would NEVER have thought it to be appropriate behavior to talk back, interupt, hit, or yell at me. My boys now are 27 and 23 and very loving and polite men that any father would be proud to have marry their daughter. If Hollywood really wants to see how raising a good, well behaved child really happens, then by all means give me a call. but I think the chances of that happening are pretty slim which leads me back to my original statement.. just plain awful what we as a society are getting hooked on viewing. sad too how the show helped promote the unhealthy eating habits of this young child. goooood grief

Dave

The article mentioned that the South Park clip took shots at the mom's weight. I didn't hear anyone call the mom or the kid fat.
Did she expect the illustrators to make her look thin? She needs to stop lying to herself.

Straight Talkin Texan

I thought it was VERY funny! And June needs to realize that if she thinks the spoof was trashy, then she needs to look in the mirror. She's a nice woman and all, but nice people can be trashy too.