« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

LOCKED IN for

Super Bowl Halftime Show

10/16/2012 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1016_beyonce_knowles_article_getty
Beyonce is GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL ... to perform ... at halftime. Hooray!

Mrs. Jay-Z has signed on to perform at Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3rd at the Superdome in New Orleans ... so says the Associated Press.

Both sides are expected to make an official announcement about the show sometime tomorrow.

Beyonce will follow in the footsteps of Madonna ... and a slew of old white guys including The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, U2, Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson.

1016_beyonce_performance_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

cm

The N.F.L. needs Romnesia on the Superbowl half time with Beyoncé. Its time for some real musicians at half time Dave mathew's band will blow the spot up put the drummer on the 50 yard line.

Bri

That's great she deserves this honor !

lovely

Even if that is Beyonce TMz really be playing thes celebrities with these. Bad pictures .... Haters! !!

ISIS

That's her jocking Tyra's makeup.

Rita29

I’m excited to hear that Mrs. Jay-Z will be performing for the superbowl halftime show. I’m sure she’s going to put on a great performance, to fall in line with greats like Bruce Springsteen, Madonna and Michael Jackson. My DISH coworker first told me about this news, I’ll definitely be tuning in. I’ll be recording it on my DISH Hopper. My guests and I will be able to move from my living room TV to my family room and pick up where we left off. This way no one will miss any of the halftime action.

unicorn9001

I believe people are being unfair. It is one of the hardest songs to sing. Ad to the emotion she must have been experiencing and it just may have been too much. I have sung that song hundreds of times, however since 9/11 I get way too choked up to sing it anymore. The song is what this country stands for and music can inspire great emotion. It is hard to sing when has a personal meaning for you and you are choked up. Yes she is a professional, yes she has sung on tv and in front of large groups, but who would not want to do 100% on such a day for such a celebration. She was smart and had a plan B.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9