'Iron Man' Star

I've NEVER Seen

an 'Iron Man' Movie!!!

10/16/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1016-bettany-still
One of the guys who played a key role in "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2" and "The Avengers" has made a shocking confession ... HE'S NEVER ACTUALLY WATCHED ANY OF THE MOVIES!

Paul Bettany -- who got paid TONS of cash to provide the voice for Tony Stark's computer J.A.R.V.I.S. -- dropped the bombshell to Digital Spy ... admitting he has absolutely no interest in the story and has never even read the full script for any of the 3 movies.

Bettany even joked that he feels like he's ripping off the movie studio -- "I walk in, I say some lines on a piece of paper for two hours, and then they give me a bag of money and I leave and I go about my day."

Not only that, he says it makes fan encounters a bit awkward, adding "I'm plagued by fanboys who love J.A.R.V.I.S. ... They come up and I've got no idea what they're talking about."

So check out the clip (below) and see Bettany's hard work pay off ...

Mick Russom

I'll do that job, be respectful and enthusiastic, and promote the franchise. I cant believe people who are essentially greedy thieves get breaks like this.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

It's a small role in a big film. How interested do you have to be to read a few lines? Besides, he says his kids watch it. That'll do.

Latch Johnson

Not surprising. Lots of actors never watch the movies they are in. This spring tmz ran a story about one of the main characters from The Goonies admitted he never saw the movie as well.

smarmy joe

So now the voice of the computer is a "key role" in the film? Maybe HAL in 2001, but J.A.R.V.I.S.? Hardly a key role.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

This isn't surprising. I've heard actors say in interviews that they don't watch movies or shows they're in because it makes them feel weird or self conscious or something.

able_walker

A movie star that hates movies..typical.

Logan R

So 2 geeks that live in their mom's basement regognize this guy and now he's "plauged"? Get over yourself, be lucky anyone recognizes you.

xiam007

what a class act....I mean tool......

St James III

Dude, I just do it for the check. LOL!!

Throwback kid

All morning I couldn't concentrate on my work in the office, Instead I couldn't stop wondering if Paul Bettany had ever seen Iron Man before? my co workers were equally baffled. Thank you TMZ for clearing this up for all of us

Freda_67

I'm not the only one who hasn't watched Iron Man???

Phishie from Philly

He's actually Omish!
Phishie from Philly a

sara jane

CAN TMZ PLEASE WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING I GIVE A **** ABOUT? MAKE SOMETHING UP! JEEZ!!!!!!

truthbetold

Why are people complaining the he hasn't read the script when he says he never gets sent a script? How is he supposed to be enthusiastic and read a script when the studio doesn't even bother to give him one to read?

MrR