« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jon 'Bones' Jones

I'm Gonna Beat the Crap

Out of Chael Sonnen

10/16/2012 3:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1016-tmz-jon-jones-chael-sonnenIt took long enough ... but UFC champ Jon "Bones" Jones will finally do battle with his longtime verbal tormentor Chael Sonnen ... both in the ring AND as opposing coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC President Dana White announced the fight earlier today ... confirming the two will face off on April 27. Additionally, the two will serve as coaches to up-and-coming fighters on the FX reality show "The Ultimate Fighter."

Sonnen has been harassing the hell out of Jones for weeks ... ever since Jon refused to allow Chael to step in as a replacement fighter for a Sept. 1 fight when Jon's originally scheduled opponent dropped out due to injury at the last minute.

Chael proceeded to run a campaign of harassment on Twitter ... sending a flurry of messages to Jon ... including, "I know you will never fight me. Don't be afraid. But I'll always be the monster in the closet of your mind, little JJ."

Now, it's on ... and it should be good.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Smithy

I hope Sonnen beats that arrogant brat to a pulp

Rich

This is fake BS and any intelligent person knows it. All the hype to make more money.

Nostradamus

This fight sounds as exciting as Silva vs Bonnar. When will they learn you need BOTH fighters to make an great fight. I've given up on Dana long ago, he's such a tool. It's the same crap over and over one great fighter against a mediocre one as the main event. I used to love UFC but now it's no better than boxing. No need to pay for these crap cards anyways, many streams on the internet these days.

StevenB

Sonnen is one of the most obnoxious D-Bags I have ever seen. I can't fathom how Jim Rome can be so in love with him. But then again, Rome thinks Brian Wilson (the baseball player) is awesome and not the obviously barely functioning mentally ill guy that he is.

Trent

Whats with all the hate for Sonnen. Hes the most entertaining man in sports. And hes the only guy to actually kick Anderson Silva's ass.

joecrabs

So what, Bones. That's Sonnen's job, to get the crap beaten out of him.

john

Chael better be able to fight, cause he has the stupidest name I have ever heard of! He must have gotten beat up alot.

LCS27

Sonny is turning into the villain of WWE that challenge everyone, in an uneducated way, and gets his ass kicked off. Dana is using him like a clown for publicity stunt.

Steve Stapleton

The Peoples Champ vs the Chump! Go CHAEL Go!

karlew

Yay!!!! Another chance to watch Sonnen get his sorry azz beat

MrMosley

This should be good but Im pretty sure Jones will whip that butt

Stomi

My god, who the hell still cares about cares about Chael Sonnen trying to turn UFC into WCW.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2