Presidential Debate Questioner

I'm STILL Undecided

After Crappy Answers

10/17/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1017_Mary-Follano_youtube
The woman who claimed she was torn between voting for Barack Obama or Mitt Romney last night during the Presidential debate tells TMZ, she's STILL undecided -- even after both candidates answered her tax cut question.

You probably recognize her -- her name's Mary Follano, and she asked what the candidates' positions were on tax breaks, and how each prospective administration would make up for losses in government revenue, blah blah blah.

Mitt and Barack both gave stock responses -- feel free to argue, we don't care -- and 54-year-old Follano says she's no closer to a decision now than she was before last night's debate.

Follano tells us, "I see positive things in both their plans ... I look forward to the next debate."

As for her little slip-up -- when she blanked on part of her question -- Follano says she did her best to memorize, but she stumbled at the last second.

FYI -- Follano's a registered Republican who claims she voted for John McCain in 2008. In her words, "He's an American hero."

Still, we gotta ask ...

ratbag

Last week, SNL did a parody of uncommitted voters asking dumb questions like "who are the candidates for President?" Surfing around after the debate last night, I saw several focus groups and was shocked at the stupid questions these people were asking in order to make up their minds. Seriously, it is not that difficult to weed out what is bad information and campaign spin if you have half a brain. Most of it is common sense. If a candidate promises a 20% across the board tax cut and vows to increase the defense budget by a couple of trillion all the while chopping the deficit in half and "creating twelve million jobs" you must be insane to believe him.

tmr

TMZ Stay the hell out of politics - you are based in California. Nobody, and I mean nobody, in this country cares about your opinions. We just view your site to read commentary on the idiots that live in your neighborhood. Not to have you get involved in a very serious topic.

Dana

Can we please remind people that there are other candidates running for president besides Obama and Romney!

dd

If you're still undecided you are mentally challenged, who makes the decisions in your house....WOW.

Denese

Anyone who is still undecided at this point doesn't know what they are looking for. They probably have a hard time making decisions in their every day lives as well. Some other site had a guy in his 30's, still living at home with his Mom and Dad still doing everything for him. He can't decide on a job, or a spouse, or where to live.

Edwood

Nice hairdo. Are you Amish?

Carlo3b

Wow, I never thought of that.. ROMNEY IS A MAJOR DOUCHE.. Whew, I almost voted for him.. Thanks.. You my dear friend are an unfortunate moron creep..

Fabienne

I'm with Max. What about the libatarian way of thinking? Why so much media on the republican/democrat only thing. There are many people out there who believe the two are the only choice. Either way this could turn out to be a disaster. I heard these two elderly people at a book shop the other day absolutely terrified that if Obama gets in that they will have their religion stolen from them. People are really really being sucked in by all of this. Unfortunately even adults these days are not educated enough to vote for the live and let live doctrine.

Me

Oh seriously, lady, are you TRULY that friggin dense that you can't figure out who to vote for? You DESERVE Romney.

Beverly

They're both douchebags! I voted for some woman (NOT Roseanne Barr). Don't know who the hell she is, but I'm not going to my grave knowing I voted for either one of them. By the way, I'm a registered Democrat, still believe in that, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot. And that doesn't make me a racist (my four children are all half black). I just don't believe in his politics. Sometimes it has to be more than just about the "gimmick". I'm still trying to figure out why everybody keeps saying Ronal Reagan was such a great president (including Obama). Was I in another world when he was in office, because life sucked for me and my family back than. Is that who these idiots are trying to emulate? Good luck to all of us. We will need it.

Bu

If Mary Follano still has no idea whom she is voting for at this point, then she in uneducated and by going just on these stupid debates that has so little to due with the party platforms and the candidates position papers ....She shouldn't vote if this is the case!

bart

How can this woman be undecided. If she was stupid enough to vote for McCain/Palin she is not undecided, she is voting for Romney. She can not see that Romney is against the middle class.

Jasper

They both answered the question. They gave stock answers because she asked a stock question. If you want a unique answer, ask a unique question.

Kris Jenner and Kim K = money hungry plastic sellouts.

NEITHER. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER CANDIDATES? I WANT TO HEAR WHAT JILL STEIN HAS TO SAY. IT ALWAYSSSS HAS TO BE A DEM OR A REP. WHY?

Maureen

After 1 1/2 years of debates by the Republicans,and , commercials, newspaper and magazine artlcles and all the tv appearances by the candidates, how can you stlii be undecided. the Govenor and the PRESIDENT HAVE SAID IT ALL OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Do you not hear, or cant, read or just dumb!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments