Joe Jackson

Licensed

To Carry Badass Gun

10/18/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch
Joe Jackson
's gun is 100% legit -- TMZ has learned, Michael Jackson's dad is fully-licensed to carry a concealed weapon in the State of Nevada ... this according to a rep for the Las Vegas Metro Police.

The rep tells TMZ, Joe was issued a CCW permit in 2010 by the LVMPD -- allowing him to carry a concealed handgun on his person anywhere in Nevada. The permit expires in 2015.

As we reported, Joe showed off the concealed weapon at a recent event in Vegas, and claimed he doesn't leave home without it.

FYI -- Nevada's what they call an "open carry" state -- meaning anyone (over 21) can literally walk down the street with a handgun strapped to his or her body, as long as it's exposed.

With Joe's permit, he's allowed to keep it inside his jacket.

Bottom line ... don't mess with Joe.

Sunnygirl

omg bbrp...I was just gonna say the SAME damn thing to old man joe "Sit the f*** down and STFU!" geez no wonder Michael overdosed. Probably the only thing useless old joe did was push his wife and kids around and threaten them with guns. Hey Joe, do us all a favor and go back to doing what you only know and that's shilling nasty MJ cologne at Vegas strip malls.

Danno

Joe...you such a dumbass. If you paid any attention in the CCW class you were required to attend, you would know that brandishing a firearm is illegal in the state of Nevada. Some of us smarter Nevada CCW permit holders don't advertise that we are packing.

VICKI

OK, YOU CAN CARRY A GUN ON YOUR BODY AS LONG AS IT IS EXPOSED. LOOK CAREFULLY AT THIS PHOTO. UGLY, NASTY GUY IS PULLING HIS SUIT COAT ASIDE TO SHOW THE GUN. THAT'S CONCEALED CARRY

shadowmia

Joe's getting on in years, and some seniors get a bit paranoid. However, being the father of a super-celebrity, perhaps he's right to be cautious.

HumanNature

LEAVE PAPA JOE ALONE!!!!

YOU ALL KNOW HE HAVE EXTENDED HIS FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME THANKS TO TMZ!!!!!!

TWO POST IN ONE DAY FOR PAPA JOE!!!!!

PAPA JOE IS OLD AND HARMLESS!!!

I JUST HOPE HE DOESN'T DO A PLAXICO BURRESS!!!!!

Elphaba

YIKES, that's pretty scary!

Justicealive77

I know for a FACT that he does not need it because he is protected by God! I would love to speak to him regarding the TRUTH about a few things that I have written about on twitter @Justicetrueu2.I have so much more even bigger than what has already been told that I am beginning to reveal.Do not WORSHIP Prince it is a DEMON.I ask that all please come forward with the TRUTH.Who has suffered because of him.I told you the truth will be known to all.No more hiding.I would like to speak to Mr.Murray as well as a few of its ex-girlfriends/victims. Bring it forth.

duilama

I challenge you TMZ to write something this funny with MJ. NO, you won't, MJ's Estate owns you (and Harvey's wiener too)!

ANI

Joe has a gun & nothing to lose. That quack ex- doc Murray is crying like a Biatch to get outta jail...get my drift?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4