Joe Jackson

I CARRY A GUN

And I'm Not Afraid to Use It

10/18/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch

Joe Jackson FLASHED A HANDGUN to a room full of people at a recent event in Vegas ... and told the crowd it's just like an American Express card ... he doesn't leave home without it.

The bizarre moment all went down while Joe was at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino in Vegas this weekend to be honored at the Black Music Awards (apparently that's a thing).

Joe was introduced by his friend -- Majestik -- who told the crowd a story about Joe confronting Michael Jackson's bodyguards two weeks before MJ's death.

During the alleged confrontation, Majestik says Joe flashed his gun at the guards and said -- "If I hear you all givin' my son drugs or doing anything illegal with my son ... I'ma kill all of you."

When Majestik turned the mic over to Joe -- JJ corroborated the story ... saying, "It's very true. Every word he said."

Then Joe told the crowd ... "I carry a piece everywhere I go ... I'm gonna show it to you."

Joe proceeded to open up his suit jacket, revealing a handgun holstered by his hip. Joe explained, "I've been threatened a lot of times and so I need to be safe."

We reached out to Joe to see if he is even legally allowed to pack heat -- but so far, we have yet to hear back.

Regina

And THAT'S why his family is so messed up. Joe's nuts and always has been nuts.

FLO

While you are all commenting on the gun I am laughing my ass off at the Tuscany hotel and casino where the event took place, It is a dive, a step above motel 6 cept with slot machines. Oh how low he has fallen, a motel with suites place that is not even on the strip. lol

Rich

As unbalanced as this guy is...having a firearm is just plain scary.

HumanNature

TMZ LOVES THE JACKSON FAMILY!!!!!

devilgirl

What a liar! As if he cared about Michael or anything other than his money. Bitch, please!

CC

TMZ is missing the whole point. Joe is essentially saying as a Jackson he is really an ignorant, stupid, dumbass and not just a moron. This may just prove Joe is a coward and a liar as well.

Brigha from UK

I totally love this guy.
Okay, maybe I'm the only one, but I think he's a legend, who has been demonised in the media to a large extent. Yes, he made mistakes, but who hasn't?
He doesn't seem to give a damn about the media and I admire him for that. However, like a previous poster, I do think that advertising that he carries a gun could make him a target. So, put the gun down Joe and move to England - you won't need it here!

LISA

What a whackadoodle. I'm not up on the gun laws in any US state, but if he was packing legally, wouldn't concealed MEAN CONCEALED (not flashing it to a crowd)?

XDrinker

I despise this man. Child-abusing, wife beating, arrogant piece of nothing. Why is he always being honored at some ceremony? All one has to do is look at what a mess MJ was to see the affects of Joe Jackson's child rearing. I blame his crazy wife too, who should have stopped her husband from terrorizing her babies. Lets hope he isn't subjecting Paris, Prince & Blanket to the same treatment. The world will be a better place the day this nasty old dirtbag slithers off to hell...and trust me, there ain't no place in Heaven for the likes of Joe Jackson.

Max

Irrelevant leach. Shoot yourself, will ya?

TheTruth

Even if you have a concealed weapons permit, it is illegal to flash you weapon in public. It is considered a threat and they will rescind your permit.

XDrinker

What did Katherine Jackson ever see in this guy? He is one FUGLY dude. I have a vintage copy of LIFE magazine from 1970 featuring the Jackson Five, and there's Joe the Troll, with his big-ass afro and that face from hell. He musta knocked her up, because NO ONE would voluntarily spend their life with this creature.

Marilyn

He carries a gun because he has NO penis, just a jelly wiggly soft limp little thing.

NOT ELMO

i guess he will live forever, he is 150 years old and still kicking........the only good thing about the jackson family is paris jackson.