Joe Jackson

I CARRY A GUN

And I'm Not Afraid to Use It

10/18/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch

Joe Jackson FLASHED A HANDGUN to a room full of people at a recent event in Vegas ... and told the crowd it's just like an American Express card ... he doesn't leave home without it.

The bizarre moment all went down while Joe was at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino in Vegas this weekend to be honored at the Black Music Awards (apparently that's a thing).

Joe was introduced by his friend -- Majestik -- who told the crowd a story about Joe confronting Michael Jackson's bodyguards two weeks before MJ's death.

During the alleged confrontation, Majestik says Joe flashed his gun at the guards and said -- "If I hear you all givin' my son drugs or doing anything illegal with my son ... I'ma kill all of you."

When Majestik turned the mic over to Joe -- JJ corroborated the story ... saying, "It's very true. Every word he said."

Then Joe told the crowd ... "I carry a piece everywhere I go ... I'm gonna show it to you."

Joe proceeded to open up his suit jacket, revealing a handgun holstered by his hip. Joe explained, "I've been threatened a lot of times and so I need to be safe."

We reached out to Joe to see if he is even legally allowed to pack heat -- but so far, we have yet to hear back.

D

What an OLD geezer of a punk..............time for a dirtnap Joe you old ass abusing garbage man

Aquarianne17

So when will Joe pay for what HE did to Michael?

Muse

Is it just me or does ol' Joe look like a brown toad wearing a hat?

pacsengr

What a nut case. With a gun. What next., messed up kids? Oops too late! Messes up grandkids? Just wait!

cari

Awwwwwww.....Is that the gun he pistol-whipped Michael with when he was a wee one?? Adorbs.
And I can answer the question, is he allowed to carry a gun? NO. This guy has had orders of protection against him. So he is never in his life allowed to own, much less carry, a gun. AND a side note: there are countries he would never be allowed into having had an order of protection against him. SO why do we allow him to stay in ours???????!

A.M.D

Joe knew dang well his son was on drugs and who was selling them. Hell, he probably set it up so that he could bank of MJ.

RoadRig

He's looking at a Category C felony charge for brandishing a firearm and for carrying a firearm without a CCW permit.

bart

Thank the NRA for letting this man carry a concealed gun. The man says he is going to use it. I thought their was a law where unstable people with mental problems are not allowed to own or carry guns.

Sapphiegirl

Isn't it illegal to bring a gun into a casino? Not to mention a bar? As far as him having a conceal carry permit, WHAT DO YOU THINK JOE JACKSON WOULD SAY? "I DON'T NEED ONE BECAUSE I AM MJ'S FATHER." HE THINKS HE IS ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE AND I HOPE THE LAS VEGAS AND OR NEVADA STATE PD TOTALLY NAIL HIS ASS TO THE WALL THE WAY THEY DID OJ!

Majestik

Hey, BEOYTCH stole my name, dammut.

myopinion

That's right Joe! Protect yourself...LOL

Maggie

Jackson's photo in this article already looks like a mugshot...maybe a hint of things to come?

adelle

How very classy of you, and look at how tough it makes you look! Do you like to stand in front of your mirror posing with it??? Does holding it make you feel like a "big" man??? How VERY bad-ass and tough of you....did you get that same "tough" "powerful" feeling when you beat your kids too? Did you feel such power and so tough when you beat children who were half your size? Oh I bet you did. You are just such a big, powerful, tough guy. Powerful, tough, bad-ass, AND such a hottie too! Can you believe this guy is single? Such a hottie! I would love to lick on those saggy bulldog flaps on each side of his face....oh and those bulging psychopath eyes are just to DIE for...couple that with his wonderful awesome not-at-all-mentally-deranged personality and BINGO! You have the recipe for such a dream guy. So jealous of the next vict...girl who gets to have him!

mj fan forever

A bunch of DIRTY LIES as usual!!! Joe is STILL trying to appear in a good light UNBELIEVABLE!!! He should use the gun on himself only to do something really good for once!!!! It's just disgusting as usual!!!