Joe Jackson

I CARRY A GUN

And I'm Not Afraid to Use It

10/18/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch

Joe Jackson FLASHED A HANDGUN to a room full of people at a recent event in Vegas ... and told the crowd it's just like an American Express card ... he doesn't leave home without it.

The bizarre moment all went down while Joe was at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino in Vegas this weekend to be honored at the Black Music Awards (apparently that's a thing).

Joe was introduced by his friend -- Majestik -- who told the crowd a story about Joe confronting Michael Jackson's bodyguards two weeks before MJ's death.

During the alleged confrontation, Majestik says Joe flashed his gun at the guards and said -- "If I hear you all givin' my son drugs or doing anything illegal with my son ... I'ma kill all of you."

When Majestik turned the mic over to Joe -- JJ corroborated the story ... saying, "It's very true. Every word he said."

Then Joe told the crowd ... "I carry a piece everywhere I go ... I'm gonna show it to you."

Joe proceeded to open up his suit jacket, revealing a handgun holstered by his hip. Joe explained, "I've been threatened a lot of times and so I need to be safe."

We reached out to Joe to see if he is even legally allowed to pack heat -- but so far, we have yet to hear back.

Annie

he looks kike a a sharpei

Ron

I just took a concealed weapons class in Las Vegas.

IF this idiot has a concealed weapons permit, it had better be revoked IMMEDIATELY.

I hope the FBI sees this article..if he has a permit,
it is GONE.

edward

he looks like a bufo taod and acts like a jackal when it comes to michaels money

aldo

I bet he is pissed he lost his meal ticket, MJ!

webbkidd

....Is he modeling the new Freddy Kruger Halloween costume....

ira09

Same thing happens all the time at the "White Music Awards"

un1ty

I seriously hope he has a Concealed License because he just lost it.

1st rule: never 'brandish' your weapon.

He shouldn't be allowed to carry.

Jose

NOTHING WRONG WITH CARRYING A GUN TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE IDIOTS OUT THERE.
POLICE CAN'T AND WON'T BE THERE TO HELP YOU..POLICE GETS TO THE CRIME SCENE TO WRITE UP THE REPORT. I'M ALL FOR OPEN CARRY OF A GUN, DON'T LIKE IT ? LOCK YOURSELF IN YOUR HOUSE.

tellmeaboutit

Holy crap! Did anyone else have a sudden flashback to the story of Marvin Gaye and his father?? I foresee messiness.

Nicholas Lowell Redd

What a nut job.

Jeff MacKenzie

Are you sure this person fathered those beautiful children? I have a feeling he didn't. I'm not trying to disgace Mrs. Jackson, who is a beaufiful woman. But Joe looks like a smashed rasin that is out of control.

Bea

Joe doesn’t need a gun to scare me, just the sight of him is frightening enough!!!

He has now taken it further, from abusing his family, to threatening to kill Michael's bodyguards, to now also carrying and showing off a gun in public.

Maybe he has ordered it on the internet??? Shouldn’t Jermaine take it away from him, and forbid him to buy stuff online??? ;)

On the other hand, when Joe says that something is “very true”, then it’s probably a lie. That gun may come from Toys ”R” Us… ;)

Warren

Joe could be a target of an American made Nut. Good for Joe to carry the gun to protect himself.

spectator72