Sam Lutfi

Britney OD'd on Amphetamines

The Night She Was 5150'd

10/18/2012 4:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1018_britney_spears_article_splashnewsonline
Britney Spears
took a huge amount of amphetamines the night she was strapped to a stretcher and placed on a 5150 hold -- so claims Sam Lutfi's lawyer in the opening statements of his defamation case.

Lutfi's lawyer, Joseph Schleimer, told the jury, on January 28, 2008, Britney had an amphetamine script filled. Schleimer says she took 6 to 8 pills early in the day, and several more later and went off the rails.

Lutfi's lawyer also said he tried to get Britney to meet with a psychiatrist 2 days before she was 5150'd, but Brit refused.

And there's this ... during Britney's disastrous appearance on the MTV Awards in 2007, Lutfi felt she was such a mess she shouldn't do it, because she was overweight and didn't rehearse, but Britney wouldn't hear it.

Sue

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme a freaking break!
What a disgrace. She would have been knocked
off X-factor, first try.

She looks like she is on drugs. That was then,
a has- been. Still is, a has-been.

justagirl

After watching Brit's performance again after several years, Brit actually looked HOT! The performance could've been better if there were maybe some loud booms or fireworks or something and the song wasn't so bland--plus she walked thru the performance and lip synked, but she really looked hot considering she had just basically had 2 babies and went thru some very difficult things in her personal life not that long before. I don't think she looked fat either--maybe not as rail thin as she did before--but she looked HOT! She should've just worked it a little more on stage that's all. Team Britney!

isaiah

not a Britney fanatic, but I'm #teambritney on this one. She was hardly overweight. That's just ridiculous.

Ann

Now the question is will you watch her and Simon say on X factor . Harvey giving free press again. Down with X factor

jen

Lufti never wanted her to get better because he could control her. It wasn't until her parents got her away from him that she got better. This court case is about revenge. He's furious that her parents got her away from his control and he's out to say all the slander he can get away with. Britney is bi polar and all this fits with it. He's just a leech! Plus amphetamines make you skinny, not fat.

SDLUVA

Who cares what this "minute in the spot light" grabber said or says. Move on man!!! Brittney has!!!!!

SDLUVA

Britney's own words in an interview she gave in the U.K after that fiasco at The MTV Music Awards, "I was able to see video of myself throughout the auditorium."
"I flipped out. I ran off the stage, yelling 'Oh, my God, I looked like a fat pig! I looked like a fat pig!'

John

Right off the bat he is lying... they don't just prescribe that much and she would be playing Micheal Jackson games to get that many.. plus she would be beyond tweaker thin if she was on that many.. it would be much easier just to do normal meth at this point.. kinda like oxy junky's end up slamming heroine...

Yes Doc's prescribe adderal etc.. but not 300 pills a month + ... Thats like yelling for the fda to come in and stomp on his nuts...

I do think she is on or was on adderal but no way doing that many pills at all ... even at 20mg pills that would be well over fda max...

He was slipping her with something else... The guy is a nut case stalker... He clearly was the reason she went off rails and he tried to keep her like that and I wonder how much money he stole from her and I bet even worse.. I bet this **** bag has nudes etc of her and I wouldn't be shocked if he drugged her to the point of taking advantage of her in rapist ways...

George

WTF over weight? How?! She looks 10x times better than half the chicks in my city

Carriejane

I just watched ALL of her VMA performances, Her older ones are so good, and the one from 2007 wasn't THAT BAD, but there is ONE difference I noticed from her AMAZING shows to the not so good one.. The one in 2007 is the ONLY one that she is trying to dance in high heels. Think thats easy, try it..its not ! Watch um, every single one she is wearing flats, until the so called "bad" one

Shami

I totally believe it... I've even shocked myself withthis one.
At least she's doing better now.

Tiffany

Seriously this guy needs to leave her alone. Everyone knew she was having a breakdown and at a hard time in her life. I hate when you get these people who get mad that they didn't get what they wanted out of a celebrity so they try to ruin them. The only thing important here is that she seems to be on a way better track in life then she was back then.

irreplacable

he should be hungs by his testicles

Diamond Goddess!

I believe some of what Sam says.
Drugs can definitely make you permanently crazy.
Sad.
i like to remember Brit in her prime.

Jacqui

Okay, I can buy the amphetamines story...makes total sense. ...but Britney being overweight at the MTV VMA??? She was NOT overweight. She looked pretty damned good to me.