Dennis Quaid's Wife

Files For Separation

Divorce to Follow

10/19/2012 9:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1018_dennis_quaid_kimberly_buffington_divorce_article
Dennis Quaid's wife, Kimberly Buffington-Quaid, has filed for legal separation ... but sources tell us it's only a formality and the legal docs will be changed to a full-on divorce in several months.

Kimberly is asking for joint legal and sole physical custody of the couple's 4-year-old twins.  She's down with Dennis getting visitation.

Kimberly, who's repped by disso-queen Laura Wasser, also wants spousal support and attorney's fees.

Kimberly filed for divorce in March but withdrew her petition 2 months later.

A source connected with the couple say "Kimberly is fed up with Dennis' cheating and wants out of the marriage."  The source added, "He's not a good husband."

Here's the snag.  They moved to California during the summer, and there's a 6-month residency requirement before someone can file for divorce, so she has to wait it out a few more months before pulling the trigger.

As you know, the couple has been through a lot.  The twins almost died shortly after birth because they were given a massive overdose of a drug at the hospital.

Dennis and Kimberly have been married for 8 years.

0309_dennis_quaid_kimberly_footer

YouDontSay

Too bad I like him but would not put up with possibility of catching a disease (and not even having the pleasure!).

whateveryou

From what I've read of his interviews , the twins medical problems brought them closer but that sort of thing only lasts for so long. I think they gave it a second try & it just didn't work out. You can't force these things & if you try one or both end up very unhappy people.& of couse, they're will be others "In the marriage" as Diana Spencer said.

elysummers

I'll marry him, I don't care if he fools around as long as he leaves the check book on the counter. :)

Scribe

DAMN! If I wore a dress shirt like the one Dennis is pictured in, my wife probably would divorce me as well! :)

Sophiecat

Kimberly you stupid heifah.

samantha rothbaum

great! make two babies in a lab only to get a divorce.

nes

"joint legal and sole physical custody"...but he can have visitation .your child is not a "grandma in a nursing home".that you can just visit....i wish these woman would stop using their children as pawns

tmzcommenter

I don't get men like this. If you want to sleep around, stay single. Why bother getting married???

Michelle

Her eyes are REALLY dialated.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Maybe the legal part is news but the separation happened and was in the news a long time ago. Do your readers have to tell you everything?

jen

It was common knowledge that Quaid was a lousy husband BEFORE Kimberly ever hooked up with him. I guess she thought it would be different with her? Once a cheater, always a cheater!

john

I met Dennis out and about in Santa Monica and he was the nicest guy you could imagine. We chatted for quite a while and he is super cool. And P.S. don't forget that Laura Wasser is Gloria Allred's super made over daughter. (she was an ugly pig just a few years back)

Jay W.

I don't believe Kimberly.

I'm sure there was a pre-nup.

WatcherOne

Those eyes seem hugely dilated on the woman....

wasted days and wasted nights

I know nothing about Dennis and the ladies, but I have been a fan of his since 'Breaking Away.' Whatever happens, I hope he makes the best of it and doesn't become Mean Man Mike.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments