'X Factor' Finalist

Finds His Birth Mother

... Thanks To The Show

10/20/2012 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1019-david-correy-x-factor
Reality TV can actually do some good in the world ... just ask "X Factor" finalist David Correy who found his birth mother after 25 years of separation ... all thanks to the show.

The 26-year-old David -- who is in the final 16 -- told the judges during his first audition that he was singing for his birth mother -- whom he'd never met -- who gave him up for adoption from Brazil as a baby.

Sources close to David tell TMZ when his episode of "X" aired in Brazil, a woman named Luciene Lima recognized the baby pics shown in David's segment and had a gut feeling he was hers.

We're told Luciene went through the Brazilian court system to trace her adoption -- and her findings led her back to David. Luciene, not knowing how to reach out to her long lost son, contacted the local media.

Our sources say a local paper was able to track David down in the U.S. and tell him about his mother.

We're told a DNA test has not been performed, but so far everything matches: the birth certificate, the orphanage David came from and the timeline.

A close friend of David's tells TMZ, "David is so happy -- and he can't wait to meet her for the first time."

Jordan

Harvey said anybody that believes this story he will pay them $100. if you believe that you get what you pay for.

Kev the Realist

Yeah How proud she must have been. How about the reality. WTF did he do to his body. With all those tats he is unemployable, no wonder he shows up for XFactor. In our Company there are rules, If a Tatoo is showing and cannot be covered up- NO JOB. When will the current Gen X'ers finally realize that if they want a future in most businesses, STOP tatooing where it can be seen.

BECKER

25 Years and she didn't care He has an opportunity to make large cash and his "mother" shows up for a piece of the Pie Cheese Ball Bitzh

Leave It Alone

I'm adopted and around the same age. If my birth mother came forward to meet me after seeing me on reality TV, I wouldn't trust that she was interested in getting to know me. I would assume that she came forward for notoriety and financial gain. If this is a genuine reunion then that's awesome, but she's had a long time to look for him. This seems fishy to me.

lace

better do a DNA test...just saying.

Baraka

May be X-Factor with capitalize on this by helping with DNA testing and bringing the mom to the show!! That will be awesome to watch the re-union!!

lace

Don't think he has much of a chance at winning the 5 million. Several of those young ones sing better than he does...

dierdre

I agree with stiletto: His mother wants the big bucks...PERIOD....Why didnt she try to find him before he went on tv for the x-factor...hmmm.

backfire

and had a gut feeling there could be money involved.

MIZIT4

This is his baby. He should follow his heart. Even if she is seeing dollar signs, he may count that as the bottom rung. Some people are able to forgive and join in love, others forgive and return to their own lives. Whatever happens, I wish him the best. If we were middle children wouldn't we be interested in knowing why she had two older children she may have kept and two younger ones she accepted? " Go with your heart." You have to live with your own dicision while the rest of the world seek other amazing looks into people's personal and sexual lives.

msbrandon924

I'm an adoptive Adult, and I thing this is a inspiring story! I hope everything works out for him. Most adopted person has the right to know their "Birth Mom " just for closure in their life! #justsaying

Truth

MEHHH... CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. SHE'S PROLLY SOME GHETTO CHIC OR LIVES IN A BROTHEL OR IN POVERTY IN SOME BRAZILIAN HALF-WAY HOUSE. #TRUTH!!

LCS27

He said the main reason he was audiotning was to find and connect with his birth mother. Now that he got it, he will probably leave the show, right?

Piercing

It makes me wonder if she has other motives for finding him. Suddenly he is now competing for a 5 million dollar contract and she is ready to come running. I think adoptive kids often wonder about their real birth parents but keep in mind the people that raised you are your mom and dad. It takes someone special to be a mom.

Butterfly

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY! For goodness sake, why can't we all be happy for David and his newly found mother. There is nothing stronger than an emotional "pull" for a mother and her child. My heart goes out for all adoptive now, grown up "children" and adoptive parents who responded to this story. Best Wishes and Blessings, to all!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments