« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Sorry Nike ...

I'm an ASICS Man Now

10/22/2012 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1022_lance_armstrong_Splash_02
Lance Armstrong has GIVEN UP on Nike ... after Nike gave up on him ... 'cause the disgraced athlete was sportin' a pair of ASICS while jogging in Texas this weekend.

As we previously reported, Armstrong was dropped by nearly all of his sponsors last week ... in the wake of a report by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency in which Armstrong is accused of being one of the worst cheaters in the history of sport.

In addition to being banned from cycling for life, Armstrong was also stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles early Monday morning.

Plus, several major Livestrong donors are calling for their money back ... claiming they were duped into donating to the charity "based on a fraud."

Despite the criticism, Armstrong -- who stepped down from his role as president of Livestrong because of the scandal -- wore his yellow bracelet on his wrist this weekend.

The charity vows it will continue to raise money for cancer research ... even without Lance.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Maximus

Nike does not even own a sewing machine! If you wear Nike, and ever complain about foreign labor and outsourcing, consider yourself a hypocrite! Nike is an American company that outsources 100% of the merchandise to countries that condone CHEAP LABOR! In other words, NIKE SUCKS!

zelda

If only the gov't would go after the Banks like Tour De France went after Lance justice would be served! I still haven't seen any solid proof of Lance's lies and until I do it's like the weapons of Mass Destruction, the proof doesn't exist.

RJ Hunt

Nike to ASICS...that's like going from a Ferrari to Corolla...

devilgirl

If someone is a fraud in their professional life, why would they run a charity that is legitimate?

Dino

Woow... He is only 41 and he looks like 51 !

Bird

Am I the only one who thinks it's in poor form for the people who donated to his charity to take their money back? Despite his steroid use, the charity is still for a good cause. They want to criticize Lance for what he's done, and punish innocent people who count on that charity in the process. Good job, assh_les. Taking money from people with cancer because you're mad at the guy who founded the organization. That's really f_cking classy of you.

able_walker

Wow....steroids do the body good.

Dee

I have never liked this guy. I don't think he's a very moral person in his private life and now all of these allegations against him. He's a disgrace.

EastCoastChopper

I was out jogging on this same track and Lance passed me at a pretty good clip...but that is not the reason I post here...The reason I post here is to describe the smell that wafted in his wake...I was sure I had smelled that scent before...slightly sweet, dank but most definitely chemical based...slightly industrial...synthetic if you will...Then I remembered the last time I smelled that same smell...and it was at the stables of Santa Anita race track!

who dat

They gave him several hundred blood & urine tests. They never proved it through medical testing. I don't give a $hit what his team mates said. No medical proof, it never happened. End of story.

eddiez

The guy is not a disgrace, its cycling as a sport thats a disgrace. All of them cheat and guess what, he happened to be the best of them.

bon

The only ppl insulting him are people who don't watch/understand cycling ,or sports for that matter. These are the people that love seeing others fall from grace. It makes them feel good. Because, after all, they are such good people. He is not disgraced. He knows he's a great man. And other smart people know that he is a great man. Psst, he didn't kill anybody. Psst, the whole sport is a drug sport.

Todd