« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Honey Badger

ARRESTED

Busted for Drugs

10/25/2012 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1025-Tyrann-Mathieu-lsu-getty
Disgraced LSU football star Tyrann Mathieu -- aka the Honey Badger -- was arrested earlier today on drug-related charges ... this according to the Baton Rouge Police Dept.

According to the police report, cops were called to an apartment around 3:30 PM after an alleged confrontation. When officers arrived to the scene, Honey Badger answered the door ... and cops say they could smell a strong odor of weed.

Honey Badger was with 3 other guys --Jordan Jefferson, Derrick Bryant and Karnell Hatcher -- all former members of the LSU football team. In fact, Jefferson was the starting QB for LSU last season.

Cops say they searched the apartment ... and found a marijuana grinder, digital scale and 10 bags of high grade marijuana. Cops say 7 of the bags were found inside Bryant's booksack.

All four men were taken into custody and arrested.

Honey Badger and Jefferson were charged with simple possession of marijuana. Hatcher was charged with 2nd Offense Simple Possession of Marijuana and Bryant was charged with Possession With Intent to Distribute Marijuana.

It's been a rough year for Honey Badger, a former Heisman Trophy finalist -- earlier this year he was kicked off the team after reportedly failing multiple drug tests.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

latestdiets.net

Honey Badger vs Honey Boo Boo at Wrestlemania. Mama June special referee.

Northerngirl41

So f-ing sad to see law enforcement waste their time on this crap. What a Joke!

DJ

When he got kick off LSU Football Team he no longer was the Honey Badger. He's now just another POT HEAD that got busted!

Sam

Don't just whine about it. DO SOMETHING. Write your legislators: http://www.congress.org They are the a55h0les not doing anything about it but I bet they have investments in the medical industry side of legalization.

Home Skillet

I don't even smoke the shiz, and I want pot legalized. What a waste of time fighting this "drug." C'mon, man! Put our taxpayer dollars toward something that matters, not toward fighting something that is less potent than beer.

Mike

I don't smoke but feel sorry for all the folks ever busted for weed for possession or distribution. It's basically a modern day prohibition. Alcohol is a lot more dangerous drug then Weed will ever be.

jimbo

Oh, I thought the headline said busted for drugs...weed? Whatever.

Jane

Oh for godsake don't the police have better things to do. Wow they busted this guy for pot. Legalize it so the police can stop acting like they're so big and bad when they bust someone for pot. This guy has nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone smokes pot including cops. What a sham!!!!!

myopinion

I thought it was some real drugs...SMH

kitnplayn

Hey, maybe if the politicians would control the distribution, like they do for cigarettes and alcohol, then people would not have to buy the product on the street.

For those of you are are scowling at the prospect of weed being legal, then you need to inform yourself on the research, which shows that cigarettes and alcohol are actually more harmful vices than weed, but they are both legal.

The only reason weed is not being legalized by politicians, is because many of them are profitting from prohibition. Go and read about Operation Fast and Furious, and Operation Wide Receiver. Both of those operations happened about 20 years apart, and some of the same government authorities were involved in both, which consisted of drugs and weapons smuggling through Mexican cartels. On the underground, weed is often traded straight across for an equal amount of cocaine.

The most dangerous gangs wear suits and organize election campaigns. Insiders should not be left alone unmonitored. It is time for government watchdogs to have better access and less secrecy.

wanderella

yea, so what. he had some herbs to share with his friends. big effin deal. just who, exactly, is he hurting. no one, that's who. but antiquated laws want to now label him as a drug dealer. too bad. let's evolve already people.

AO4YAYO

how crazy is it that this guy actually went to rehab for a weed addicition. I have known a lot of stoners in my day, in addition to a lot of people with far worse drug addictions than pot but this is hands down the first time i have ever heard of the need to check in to a rehab facility to kick a marijuana addicition.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That's not mine. Even though you found it in my apartment, in my room and in my backpack.

collegedude

Let me start out saying that I neither support or hate weed. I don't care really for it. I've seen what it does to people and the only people that suffer badly from it are the people who abuse it. I know of people that smoke it on the regular and are doing fine. I hate to say it but he finally got what was coming to him. His life was real simple. Follow the rules and play football. How hard is it to put the pipe down for 6 months out of the year? Don't smoke during the football season and you're good. Smoke all you want in the off season and no one would care. Even after he got kicked off the team, he still had it easy. I'm pretty sure if he he stayed out of trouble for a year he would have been back on the team. I mean, he could have even smoked a little and just be smart about it and everything would have been fine. I don't feel sorry for him anymore because this just goes to show that he never really cared about anything but himself and he thought that he was invincible. Sucks to see talent go to waste because he doesn't have a brain.

Nicoleasm

If you're driving stoned, you're impaired. That's putting others in danger, just like the BAC laws

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments