Homeless Guy

I Got Paid $40 to Appear

in JT's Wedding Video

10/25/2012 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102512_homeless_launch
One of the homeless men who appeared in a video reportedly featured at Justin Timberlake's wedding says he was paid $40 ... and had NO IDEA he was the punchline in a sick joke.

TMZ spoke with the man -- "Eddie" -- who tells us he was just minding his own business in Hollywood when he was approached by a man who offered him money in exchange for saying a few pre-written lines into the camera.

Eddie says the cameraman told him the video was being made for a friend's wedding -- Eddie had no idea it was for Timberlake and Jessica Biel.

When we told him how the footage was used, Eddie told us, "That makes me feel really bad ... that was a trick played on me."

In case you're wondering why Eddie is dressed so nicely in our video -- it's because he was out looking for a job yesterday.

"I'm gonna do my best to change my life."

devilgirl

How generous that L.A real estate dbag was to part with a whopping $40! I suppose he went without an extra appetizer at Boa that night since he gave out that kind of money.

Jim in Cali

Really disgraceful.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I'm glad that they were paid at least.

And isn't it great that we have the internet nowadays--where people (commenters) can feel free and safe to expose the ugliest parts of themselves?

Mokie

It is the weakest among us that kick a man when he's down, it is the strongest that help those who are
down. To those who much is given, much is expected.

devilgirl

Oh and for all those that think it is no big deal and just harmless fun, if they weren't mocking the homeless and less fortunate, then why not ask regular people, shopping at The Grove or at a supermarket to say a greeting to TimBiel?

jokerchick

they're both pieces of shyt, shame on them and I can't wait to read about JT being caught in a 3 way with Lance Bass and Jessica Simpson's father...and Jessica is doing F-List movies so the joke has BEEN on her

delerious

I think the "inside" joke was when you are rich and famous everyone comes looking for you people you never met want a piece of what you have. Im sure Justin gets hit up on a regular basis by people asking for handouts. At least he picked people who really needed money. Not right? depends on how you look at it, he has 40.00 more then he did the other day.

Becky

Good luck, Eddie. I hope someone hires you and gets you a room someplace.

Geez

Someone involved with this video needs to get this guy a job. Use your wealth and status for good.

Caroline

He seems like a very kind man. I feel terrible that he was used in this way. I hope good things are coming his way.

DC

why is this country so damn sensitive. i for one thought this was hillarious. its not like someone got hurt here. LIGHTN UP PEOPLE!!

Rhonda Haley

I think its so sad and gross what they did

howie

I have been a TMZ reader for years, but have never felt compelled to comment on any story until now. This video was obviously made lacking taste. I am ashamed for Justin and Jessica and I have never even met them! I wish this gentlemen all the best, everyday is a new day.

Cheryl A.

Best of luck to you, Eddie. I hope you find a job real soon.

Kimberley

Making fun of anyone let alone the homeless is NOT funny!! Just think it could be you. Some people are literally just one paycheck away from losing everything.