Mitt Romney

Transcripts RELEASED

10/25/2012 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1025_romney_article_doc_launch

TMZ has obtained the complete transcripts of Mitt Romney's testimony -- which he's accused of lying under oath to screw over his friend's ex-wife.

The testimony was given in 1991 at Norfolk Probate and Family Court in Massachusetts.

During his examination, Romney was asked how he first became acquainted with Staples and Tom Stemberg. Romney explained ... a venture capital businessman from another firm "mentioned to me a gentleman named Tom Stemberg had a business plan to commence an office supply chain and was looking for capital to fund that."

Romney continued, "I told him I didn't think it was a very good idea, but I'd look at it."

update_bar
2:45 PM PT -- If you enjoy learning how business people valuate stocks, you're gonna LOOOOVE these documents.

If not, you should probably click on our story about Lindsay Lohan's publicist quitting ... it's wayyy more interesting.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Peggy

I hope this caused Allred a f-ing fortune. She's such a pain in the ass that I wish her nothing but loss in her life.

Joybubble55

Romney is the man

anthony

Sad that TMZ highlighted this article like they did when Michael Jackson died or when something important happens. They hoped that this would be juicy and incriminating and they ended up Allred all over their faces. Typical liberal website. Try something more important like the Benghazi.

Lynn M

Per the Washington Examiner, here is why Allred's claims are a crock:

"In the questioning, the "Q" is attorney Bernard Dwork, Stemberg's attorney, and the "A" is Romney.

Q: "Thank you. Now, you say that before making the investment in Staples round C you read the statement 'Additionally, this is planned to be Staples final equity offering prior to a public offering of mid 1989.' And you say that you did not - Strike that. You say you read that statement. Let me ask you this, sir. Did you, therefore, as a result of that subscribe to the full amount to which you were entitled to subscribe?"

A: "I did not."

Q: "And why was that, sir?"

A: "Because while I believed that there was a realistic probability that we would achieve that outcome, there was also a realistic probability that we would either lose our money or we would achieve something less than that. And my personal assessment and that of my partners was that the risk that we would not achieve the plan was high enough that we should not subscribe to our full amount."

Q: "And you did not subscribe to the full amount?"

A: "We did not subscribe to the full amount.""

Laser the Liquidator

We have public docket record proof of why Mitt Romney & Bain Capital are hiding his 2001 issues. In August 2001, a MNAT law firm partner (Colm Connolly) was nominated to become US Attorney. Where he then did refuse to investigate and/ or prosecute Bain Capital frauds & Perjury (even after the parties confessed) for the entire 7 years of his tenure. The fraud case was eToys and the Public Corruption Task Force (here in Los Angeles) was shut down after they were informed of the federal corruption.

Laser the Liquidator

Delaware federal BK Court has refused (thus far) to put a Mitt Romney/ Bain Capital brief (that provides proof of WHY pittens must be "retroactive") -

Not putting a brief in the federal docket to hide the issue before the election - (the fact that Bain Capital owned their own US Attorney)

Is BIG NEWS

bb

There is absolutely NO WAY I dislike Obama because of his color...in fact, even though I got a terrible feeling about Obama right from the start, my rational mind tried to force me to put that aside by thinking "hey, America's first black president, that's a massive victory right?" However my intuition has proven correct, he's George W Bush lite, only more handsome, more articulate, and rather more subtle in his lies and misdeeds. Out of the two main candidates, Romney all the way for me.

Eli

Liberal TMZ keeps spewing the spin - go **** yourselves ***gots.

romney 2012

is this all they have on him... lol I give the dems an A for effort

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8