Lisa from 'Saved By the Bell'

Bipolar Accusation

Is LAUGHABLE

10/25/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102412_lark_vorhees_launch
Lark Voorhies
-- who played Lisa Turtle on "Saved By the Bell" back in the day -- says her mother's full of crap ... insisting she is NOT bipolar, despite her mother's claims.

Lark's mother recently told People her daughter had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder -- but this week in L.A., Lark told us she finds the report "comical."

But the video is really bizarre -- Lark can't seem to complete a thought, taking abnormally long pauses and speaking nonsensically ... saying things like, "Well you know, people want to express themselves and ... you know, they will do so at free random."

"The particular trade editorial [presumably People] and I are not in agreement, however. It’s so far left from what was actually atrast [???] or brought about."

Watch the video and see for yourself.

1025_saved_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

sallytht

I knew someone with bipolar disorder and she sounded just like Lark when she was in her worst state. Unable to complete sentences, saying nonsense words and sometimes completely coherent. But all the while believing they were making complete good sense. Denial is also common in bipolar disorder. There are good meds out there, I hope someone gets Lark the help she needs, I always thought she was such a sweetie.

gingerrogers

Please visit the link below and educate yourselves about some of the terrible side effects of having the disease LUPUS:

And stop making fun of this poor soul. Shame on you all who have.

Mr Barcliff

Nothing is wrong with her. She sounds to me like she didn't want to say anything to disrespect her Mom or others who have said things about her and in doing so, she had a hard time finding the correct words. As for reports of her being bi-polar, ALL of US humans are a bit "TOUCHED"! HAHAHAHA!

A

She obviously has something going on. It is so sad that someone can't just admit what issues they have. On top of that, who the heck is with her? I'm sorry, but I couldn't go around with someone who was this off their rocker, because there is something wrong.

I don't know if she is bipolar or not. One of my closest friends is bipolar - she was diagnosed when she was told how rude she was to people. Also, she goes UPPPP and then gets sad/depressed. Lark, sadly, seems off in her own little world. :( I hope she can get the help she needs, and can someday help others.

Nosy and Concerned

she could be schizophrenic....it did seem like she could not string words together. (Just said a prayer for her) YEAH TMZ pls leave this one alone...

Kate

Well, it's clear from the video that something is going on with her. It doesn't appear to be anything substance related. Whatever the issue is, whether physical or mental, I wish her the best in getting well.

Alicia

I'm thinking schizophrenia, schizophrenics will make up their own languages, and have auditory hallucinations as well.

shrink101

Freedom of expression is a beautiful thing. And that's what I'll take from that. God bless you Lark!

ladytex70

Well it seemed to me that the young lady was hurt by her mom's claims but she was trying to be careful with her answer out of respect for her mom. She could have just went off. Good luck.

MaachoMaan

...so far left from what was actually "addressed" ...not "atrast".... C'mon TMZ......

LindSay LoHan

People need to lay off, seriously.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5