'Foster the People' Singer

KICKED OUT

of Prince Concert

10/26/2012 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102612_foster_bouncer_launch_v2
Prince DOES NOT mess around when it comes to cell phones at his private shows ... and had the lead singer of Foster the People KICKED OUT last night when he violated the rule.

TMZ was shooting footage when Mark Foster -- the guy who sings the annoyingly overplayed "Pumped Up Kicks" song -- was escorted out of The Sayers Club when someone saw him tooling around on his iPhone.

Foster begged and pleaded with security to let him back inside -- using every tactic in the book:

-- I have a tab at the bar I didn't close!
-- I promise I wasn't taking a picture, check my phone!
-- I'm a musician, I understand ... I won't do it again.

... and of course, "I'm Mark Foster ... from Foster the People."

After a couple of minutes in limbo, security gave Mark a break and let him back inside ... but only after they MADE HIM check his phone.

102612_foster_launch
On his way out of the show, Mark told us it was a big misunderstanding ... he was simply checking a text message from a friend when he was tossed.

He also said he understood why security did what they did ... telling us, "It's cool ... Prince doesn't play in front of 100 people every night."

D-INCARNATION

I'd like to see that more often, I miss the days before cell phones and twitter..............

curiousone

I went to a prince show years ago. I was so excited. He played about 15-20 seconds of every song, danced around a little, screamed a lot and then left. It was the worst concert I have ever been to. Saw Foster the People before they were famous and was blown away by their musical talent. Mark is an amazing musician. Too bad this happened.

jared phillips

He got kicked out because he has a stupid 80's mullet.

RATTLESNAKE

if you don't like what a cell phone can do then try to stop them from being manufactured, sold and distributed. but once they are on the street deal with it you bunch of phony pu ssies !

Regina

I don't like this Foster the People anyway. If you listen closely to the song Pumped up Kicks, it's about shooting other kids. Like it's advocating school shootings or something. Plus it's too much electronic garbage to begin with.

CriticXtreme

You're an idiot!

nayrod64

A least he's getting attention again!

maria

That is a awesome song and Foster the People are a great group! TMZ probably like Kim's song. Bunch of redneck jackasses you are. Prince needs to mellow out in his old age.

Cujeaux

NERD ALERT!!!

umm

im shocked this racist ******* even went to prince concet, does he not recognize that prince is black?

MGMangus

You couldn't have described the song ANY better. He was kicked out for his ridiculous 1 hit and lame song. Boom.

Fuck Celebrities

"Annoyed and Overplayed?"

Never heard of him or his song.

I just listened to a minute of it... I hope I never hear it again.

Awesome

I'm going to start pulling that $hit...

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?

I'm no one special but it seems if the Celebs can do it, I should be able to do it too. They are no better than I am. I break laws or rules I take the punishment when caught.

Suck it up buttercup, you got the fu(k busted and we are kicking your a$$ out.

Bad Dog

The purple midget demands respect. You will respect

Sandi

Prince changed his name so a record company would not be able to make money off him. Yes, the rules apply no cell phones means, you too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments