'Foster the People' Singer

KICKED OUT

of Prince Concert

10/26/2012 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102612_foster_bouncer_launch_v2
Prince DOES NOT mess around when it comes to cell phones at his private shows ... and had the lead singer of Foster the People KICKED OUT last night when he violated the rule.

TMZ was shooting footage when Mark Foster -- the guy who sings the annoyingly overplayed "Pumped Up Kicks" song -- was escorted out of The Sayers Club when someone saw him tooling around on his iPhone.

Foster begged and pleaded with security to let him back inside -- using every tactic in the book:

-- I have a tab at the bar I didn't close!
-- I promise I wasn't taking a picture, check my phone!
-- I'm a musician, I understand ... I won't do it again.

... and of course, "I'm Mark Foster ... from Foster the People."

After a couple of minutes in limbo, security gave Mark a break and let him back inside ... but only after they MADE HIM check his phone.

102612_foster_launch
On his way out of the show, Mark told us it was a big misunderstanding ... he was simply checking a text message from a friend when he was tossed.

He also said he understood why security did what they did ... telling us, "It's cool ... Prince doesn't play in front of 100 people every night."

YOURNOTONMYLEVEL10

wtf r u doing on your phone at a concert? you'd think he'd have the decency to show more respect than the tweens he plays for but apparently not

Ali

I like Foster and his band and was glad to hear in the transcript of this incident that there was no cursing or poor behavior. He owned up to his mistake and I'm glad Prince's security let him back in. If everyone behaved civilly like this, it would be such a better place. No need for fussing and fighting etc. I would have LOVED to see Prince and would like to see FTP as well. Wish them both well.

Cheryl

People still pay to see Prince?

Nicole

Foster the People is a great band and Mark Foster is Brilliant. Yes, Pumped Up Kicks was overplayed, but that whole album is SOLID. Also, one of the best live performances I've ever seen!

katherina

that him happens to that type

Ronny

PRINCE is GAY!!!! MARK FOSTER is the MAN!!!!

RA

Mark Foster-annoyed and overplayed?! A BIG **** YOU TO THE ONE WHO WROTE THIS ****ING ARTICLE!!!!! YOU MOTHER****ING WEBSITE!!!!

Tracey

Prince is a prick.

Lacey

I love Mark Foster. Your just a bunch of drama starters. That is all you want to do. Mark is a great man and "Pumped Up Kicks" is NOT overplayed or annoying. This pissed me off because Mark actually works fo his money while all you do is sit around and write articles about it. At least he can give YOU work so get off your lazy butts and GET A REAL JOB don't just suck it out of other people. He is more down to Earth than yall will EVER be.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4