Britney Spears

Lucky Mag Says

SO SORRY Over Pic

10/28/2012 6:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1028_bspears_magazine_cover
The Britney Spears cover photo for the recent issue of Lucky magazine was TRASHED so fiercely  ... the mag took the unprecedented step of apologizing on Twitter.

The photo, which shows Brit Brit in what can only be described as a really bad wig, triggered a firestorm on the Internet, and especially Twitter.

The mag couldn't ignore the backlash, so it tweeted an apology, saying, "Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on our cover! As always, we will share with our team and we're sorry to have let some of you down."

Still, considering the various incarnations of Britney's "hair," we gotta ask ...

Tutti Frooooty

It looks like Teresa Giudice's hair but blonde instead of black...even the short forehead to go with it. My question is did Britney herself not give the final "ok" for the picture???

Gretchen

LOL I wish my hair(wig or not) looked that good!

cobrazombie

I thought it was Kirstie Alley.

Diamond Goddess!

Look, in fairness, Brit set a standard in her prime that is absolutely impossible to live up to!

Kris Jenner and Kim K = money hungry plastic sellouts.

bad photo shoot!!! her forehead looks weird, the wig. I can't pinpoint it, but something is off.

SheisHot

Sweet Brit looks as hot as ever, yum!

happyday

Huh? I don't see a problem with it. It looks like her, but maybe her face is photoshopped thinner.

Amy

Wig, huh? WTF are you talking about? I don't notice anything weird...except for her strange facial expression?!

Spicy mag

Her hairline is too low. Another inch up would have looked more natural.

delerious

Brit does not need photoshopping! If they would not have put Britneys name on it I would not even think it was her! She looks like a cross between Katie Couric and Carrie Underwood.

Dimpledone

I think she looks very pretty. The Lucky Magazines sells glamour not home and gardening or furniture. I also think she looks the way a glamorous young singer should look. If she were messy, people would make negative comments about that. You're beautiful Brit!

Marsy

It's distracting because she looks her age now.

Kenster 62

I gotta ask.....what kind of people have so little going on in their lives that they will complain to a magazine about a celebrity's hair. If I ever get that pathetic, please someone shoot me in the head.

NotCHE|_S

I would of thought people would have been complaining about that up tight pose and awkward smile Brit seems to be rocking these days

jango0125

Who cares if shes photoshopped and wigging? shes really, i mean really hot

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3