Britney Spears

Lucky Mag Says

SO SORRY Over Pic

10/28/2012 6:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1028_bspears_magazine_cover
The Britney Spears cover photo for the recent issue of Lucky magazine was TRASHED so fiercely  ... the mag took the unprecedented step of apologizing on Twitter.

The photo, which shows Brit Brit in what can only be described as a really bad wig, triggered a firestorm on the Internet, and especially Twitter.

The mag couldn't ignore the backlash, so it tweeted an apology, saying, "Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on our cover! As always, we will share with our team and we're sorry to have let some of you down."

Still, considering the various incarnations of Britney's "hair," we gotta ask ...

notalawyer

It looks OK. The extreme use of Photoshop makes her "appear" thinner as well. What would "celebs" do without photo retouching all of their photographs?

Kira

she looks like a middle aged old lady to me and I AM a middle aged old lady so I should know!!

Kevin

Say no to unnecessary photoshopping! Photographers/magazines didn't used to have the technology but got on just fine.

pak1

WTF is wrong with the photo and wig.....didn't even know it was one

Michael

Maybe it looks worse if you get really close to the picture?

If it's a wig and the wig is so bad why didn't they pick a better picture, use a better wig, or style her real hair?

The only problem I have with the pic is that, to me, it kinda looks like she's a little hunched over like she;s trying to stand up under a low ceiling or something.

And I've never heard of Lucky Magazine. Maybe they manufactured the "Twitrage firestorm" to create pub?

courtney

She looks just like every other woman on a magazine cover-fake, so what is the big deal?

bb

It looks more like a blonde Teresa Guidice from real housewives. Britney is capable of taking a great photo and her hair isn't as bad these days, so I have no idea why they needed to photoshop her into someone else. I'd be sad if I was a celeb and some mag photoshopped me ugly.

LiLo's boy toy

It looks ok to me, she's pretty in that picture.

TMP

She looks 10x better than she used to in this picture, so I don't really get the uproar.

Danielle123

Why were people upset at the magazine when Britney put that atrocious thing on her head?

datruth

whatchu talkin' bout' Willis? Best I've seen her look in awhile.

BB not bb

I thought the problem was the words Lucky and then easy and sexy written over her body, like she is a cheap girl for the taking. I didn't even notice the wig. It looks like Kirstie Alley's hair. People get worried over the strangest little things. I guess it distracts from what is really important.

static

Sales of the issue were probably slow so they manufactured a controversy.

She's baaaack

I'm not a fan of polka dots but that looks like every other magazine cover; take a picture of a human and make a drawing out of it. It's called photoshop. I don't see the problem.

Jen

I have seen her in WAY worse wigs, that one actually looks ok and she looks cute on that cover. Who will they use instead, fake ass Kim K??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments